Dodge Ram 5.9L Automatic Transmission 2004, Five Star Torque Converter Conversion by ATS Diesel Performance®. Standard in all transmission packages, and available individually, is the ATS Five Star Torque Converter. This torque converter is built to handle daily driving and towing duties while delivering reliable performance. The ATS Five Star utilizes an optimized factory stall speed that features improved torque multiplication. With factory torque multiplication at approximately 1.25:1, the ATS Five Star boasts 2.4:1. This occurs when peak engine torque is achieved. Increased torque multiplication results in improved vehicle response, towing and driving ability.
- Patented Viskus Clutch Drive System for increased efficiency
- Billet Cover with Patented Square Flank Drive
- Square Tab Construction (Not Round)
- Viskus Disc CNC Laser Cut Clutch Plates
- Billet Piston with Patented Flank Drive Tab design
- Proprietary ATS exclusive Clutch Formulation with unique bonding technology (ensures 100% chemical Bond)
- Redesigned Spring Dampener supports increased torque loads
- 4340 hardened turbine splines provide longevity and reliability
- Fully welded turbine and impeller vanes
- CNC Stator with high flow windows increase oil flow, providing increased efficiency
- Full roller bearing construction between high load areas
- 4340 CNC cut pump drive hub locked into impeller housing
- Plasma welded for unsurpassed strength
Transmissions are notorious for factory converters that fail with high mileage, greater than stock power and/or frequent towing. OEM units are typically made with stamped metal, a single lock-up clutch and the stall speed is not matched to the motor’s torque curve. ATS TripleLok and Five Star converters completely eliminate these weaknesses. They feature our patented square tab clutch design (for reliability during lock-up), ATS’ proprietary clutch material, CNC cut steels, re-designed stators, Torrington bearings and stall speeds matched to the Cummins motor. Both the TripleLok and Five Star are designed to hold increase torque while efficiently transferring it to the transmission. The result is more power to the ground, lower transmission temperatures and greater overall performance.
For about twenty years, ATS Diesel Performance® has been a prominent manufacturer of diesel truck performance products known all over the world for innovation and solid workmanship. The company strives to meet the most demanding requirements of its customers whether they need efficiency and power for off-road, recreation, towing, or racing. With a headquarter in Arvada, Colorado, ATS Diesel invents, designs, and makes a large variety of products for Dodge, GM, Ford, Chrysler and Jeep vehicles.