Chevy Silverado 1999-2000, RedTop™ Battery by Optima®. Amp Hour Capacity: 50. Battery Type: AGM. Battery Usage: Starting. Cold Cranking Amperage: 800. MCA: 1000. Polarity: Straight. Reserve Capacity: 100. Resistance: 0.003 Ohms. Voltage: 12V. With Vented Manifold. Enjoy the most powerful burst of cranking current for the fastest, most reliable engine starting possible. The spillproof, maintenance-free RedTop™ Optima battery is resistant to all of the most common causes of battery failure. While RedTop™ batteries are somewhat more tolerant of deep discharge than conventional flooded-cell batteries, they’re optimized for ordinary starter-motor service.
|Amp Hour Capacity: 50|
|Cold Cranking Amperage: 800|
|Battery Type: AGM|
|Reserve Capacity: 100|
|Resistance: 0.003 Ohms|
|Battery Usage: Starting|
- Proudly Made in the USA
- Sealed absorbed glass mat (AGM) design that incorporates special glass fiber mats that contain the acid electrolyte between the lead plates, rather than a standard flooded (liquid) design
- Leak-proof, non-hazardous configuration typically lasts longer than normal replacement batteries if properly charged. No leaks mean no corrosion or damage to chrome or paint. Batteries will not leak, even if damaged
- Actually store energy, so you don't have to add a capacitor to your system to get a quick burst when you need it
- Since there are no external vents on an XS Power battery you can mount it in a passenger compartment, below a seat, or inside a glove box without fear of leaks
- These batteries also resist extreme vibrations so they'll perform in the trunk or hatch area without skipping a beat
Designed to replace a conventional LSI (Light, Starting, Ignition) battery used in cars and trucks. Like all Optima batteries, the Absorbed-Glass-Mat Optima Spiralcell Technology uses pure, unalloyed lead electrodes for lower internal resistance, less outgassing and water consumption, better surface-to-weight ratio and improved vibration resistance. Pound for pound Optima performance is unmatched. You’ll never need to add water to an Optima battery, because it recombines hydrogen and oxygen inside the battery instead of venting them. The sulfuric acid electrolyte is absorbed into a fiberglass mat between the electrodes, so it can’t spill, even if the battery is mounted on its side, or cracks open.
Optima® Batteries are part of the Johnson Controls worldwide empire. JC is a major player in automotive electronics, interiors and seating, as well as prominent in industrial applications like HVAC, sustainability and security. Optima batteries have become the best solution for high-performance batteries for vehicles, whether needed to deliver the highest cranking amps, the most power, or the maximum number of deep-discharge cycles.