Toyota Tacoma 1998-2000, RideCONTROLL™ Rear Air Spring Kit by Air Lift®. Quantity: Sold as a Kit. This is a set of two adjustable secondary air helper springs designed to add up to 2,000 pounds of leveling capacity for vehicles with leaf springs. Spring add ride comfort and restores proper handling and safety. Air pressure in the springs can be manually adjusted between 5 and 90 psi.
- This product can expose individuals to hazardous chemical compounds known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or reproductive harm
- Never exceed manufacturer's recommended Gross Vehicle Weight Rating.
|Load Capacity: 2000 lbs|
- Set of two air bag spring supports designed to work with factory OEM leaf springs
- Both helper air springs add up to 2000 pounds of leveling capacity per axle
- Air springs increase spring rate and vastly improve vehicle stability
- Air springs provide adjustable load support to help prevent bottoming out on rough roads
- Only level and stable vehicles provide safe and proper headlight aiming
- Prevents vehicle’s main springs from sagging due to constant load compression
- Maintains proper rear ride height
- Helps reduce bouncing at the rear of vehicle when towing
- Air springs can be adjusted between 5 – 90 psi
- Manufactured in the United States
Even vehicles which don’t squat when loaded can begin to “porpoise” vertically when towing heavy trailers. Adjustable air springs dramatically reduce this problem for a safer, more comfortable ride. To operate, just add air to the air springs if you are carrying a heavy load to ensure that your vehicle remains level and stable. Then, deflate when riding empty. Air spring pressure is controlled through air line tubing that connects to the most convenient spot on your vehicle’s chassis. Air springs are fully adjustable from 5 to 100 PSI.
The suspension of any pickup, van, or sport utility that’s weighed down by heavy cargo, permanently affixed equipment, or a trailer is compromised because the rear springs are crushed down to a height they cannot recover from. Ride quality is reduced, and the front of your vehicle points upward. A rear end that is weighed down literally lifts weight off your front wheels, reducing the amount of traction you have for steering, and reducing the amount of grip the tires have on the road when you need it in fast braking. After enough time, weighed-down springs sag permanently and the effect becomes even worse.
Air Lift’s RideCONTROLL Air Springs kit has been created for leaf spring vehicles that need to carry additional weight. Mount this set of air bags between one end of your leaf spring and the vehicle frame on each side, hook up the easy-connect air lines, then inflate manually as needed. Fully pressurized, both helper air springs can raise up to 2,000 pounds back to proper ride height – taking extra stress off leaf springs and ensuring that a stable, comfortable ride returns. Once your vehicle is back up to a level ride height, you’ll notice headlights and bright lights now stay at the correct aim – illuminating the road ahead instead of tree tops in the distance. Air Lift proudly produces the RideCONTROLL kit in the United States, and backs all components with a 2-year warranty against failure due to manufacturing defects.
Founded in 1949 in Lansing, Michigan, Air Lift® pioneered the first rubber air bladder that fit inside coil springs to give pickups and other transport vehicles greater load-leveling and ride-stabilizing abilities. These found wide acceptance on commercial vehicles and were soon adopted throughout NASCAR and other professional stock car racing series after assisting many drivers to achieve victorious finishes. Over the decades, Air Lift has continued to pioneer innovative developments with air spring helpers and stand-alone air springs for mobile homes, ambulances, and heavy trucks. During the 1990s, the company was on the cutting edge – developing high-performance air springs and complete air suspension systems that allowed extreme lowering, stunts, and higher levels of handling during aggressive driving. Today, Air Lift is ISO 9001:2008 certified for best business practices, manufacturing, and customer satisfaction and their range of high-quality products is widely respected throughout the industry.