Universal Energize XPC Proportional Brake Control with Manual Remote by Hayes®. This electronic brake controller features a patented sensing device that automatically monitors and measures tow vehicle deceleration and applies the trailer brakes in direct proportion. It reacts instantly to any change in brake pedal pressure and ensures controlled, smooth stops.
- Activates trailer brakes in proportion to your vehicle's brake i action
- Features Hayes exclusive 'quik-connect' system
- Compact and lightweight design for today's vehicles
- Compatible with other electronic systems (ABS, cruise-control)
- 18-Amp output
- Automatically provides superior responsiveness to vehicle deceleration
- Simple adjustment for leveling and gain setting
- Automatic and manual brake application operates the trailer brake stoplights for added safety
- Trailer/tow vehicle stoplights light up automatically when brakes are applied
- Red LED indicator monitors controller performance
- Ability to control trailer brakes with manual lever
- Built-in short circuit protection from trailer brake wiring
- Designed for use with electric trailer brakes only
- Backed by a five year limited warranty
- Proudly made in the USA
The Energize XPC Brake Controller activates your trailer brakes in proportion to your vehicle's braking action. Depending on the situation, it provides heavy-duty emergency braking, general braking, or soft and gradual braking for your trailer automatically. On the front the brake controller features a little thumb wheel for adjustable gain setting, which lets you determine the power output sent to the trailer brakes. For example, when towing on the bumpy road or when your trailer is fully loaded, you can set it to a higher output. When towing an empty trailer, you can set it lower. A deceleration sensor lever lets you adjust the braking aggressiveness.
A red LED indicator on the front of the brake controller shows when the trailer brakes are applied. Trailer and tow vehicle stoplights operate automatically when the manual lever or trailer brakes are applied. This brake controller has built-in features that provide for your safe towing. A current limiter protects your vehicle from shorts in the trailer wiring. It also has a hazard flasher immunity to prevent the pulsing of the brakes when flashers are activated. If you want to experience smooth, proportional braking every time, look no further than the Energize XPC Brake Controller by Hayes.
Hayes® Hayes proudly manufactures electronic brake controllers to cover all towing needs. The first Hayes brake controller rolled out from the assembly line in the 1950's. The company has more than 60 years of experience in producing brake controllers. Hayes has withstood the test of time and still holds leading positions on the automotive market. By incorporating new technologies like the 'quik-connect' system, Hayes is able to stay on the forefront of intelligent brake systems. Hayes brake controllers ensure safe deceleration with extra weight behind your vehicle.