Ford L-Series Straight Truck - Short Conventional / Tractor Truck - Short Conventional 1997, Front Outer Steering Tie Rod End by MOOG®. Quantity: 1 per Pack. Designed to consistently produce the right amount of preload for proper steering effort, MOOG tie rod ends provide long-lasting dependability and superior performance. The parts feature problem-solving innovation and precise engineering that simplifies installation process and prolongs service life.
- Loose or worn chassis parts can lead to premature tire wear
- Exclusive cover plate protects against contaminants leaking into the bearing surface
- Greaseable socket reduces corrosion and wear by allowing new lubricant to flush contaminants
- Patent pending Sunoloy coated metal bearings provide smooth stud swing technicians and drivers prefer
- Patented cover plate design allows for tighter tolerances vs traditional designs for a more durable part
- Powdered metal gusher bearing design enables grease to flow through bearing to stud for reduced friction and enhanced strength
Tie rod ends connect the steering gear to the steering knuckles and move the wheels and tires when the steering wheel is turned. They usually go bad due to normal wear and/or lack of lubrication, but tie rod ends can also fail from repeated driving over unimproved or pothole strewn roads. A worn tie-rod end can usually be detected during a front end inspection, but symptoms of a faulty tie rod end include noise, a loose steering feel, pulling to one side, and irregular tire wear.
When fixing your weak OEM components, MOOG replacement tie rod ends are exactly what you need. They feature durable, all-metal construction that is not prone to failure like some OE plastic tie rod ends. Since MOOG replacement tie rod ends are greasable, friction is reduced and dirt is flushed out. MOOG tie rod ends feature a patented cover plate design that captures the full ball stud between the upper and lower bearings, eliminating axial clearance or "lash." This consistently produces the right amount of preload for proper steering effort over the life of the part. Finally, MOOG tie rod ends come with easy-access wrench flats to allow for simple, hassle-free installation and adjustment.
MOOG® reputation as “The Problem Solver” can be traced all the way back to 1937. That was the year the company first produced a front-end replacement part recognized by mechanics as outperforming the factory original. As years passed and MOOG continued to innovate, the company became known for its ability to consistently develop “problem solving solutions.” Today, hundreds of innovations later, MOOG is recognized and respected throughout the automotive industry as The Problem Solver. It continues to earn that reputation by providing not only problem-solving parts, but award-winning technical support and training materials also.