Ford Contour with TIER1 Standard 1997, Catalytic Converter by MagnaFlow®. Converter Configuration: Direct Fit. If your car needs replacement, install one that will get you through the smog check. This converter will directly replace the factory unit, with little or no fabrication required.
|Converter Configuration: Direct Fit|
|Converter Body Material: Stainless Steel|
|Catalytic Converter Substrate Material: Ceramic|
|Catalytic Converter Format: Pre-Catalytic Converter and Main Catalytic Converter|
- Reduces harmful emissions
- Exact replacement with little or no fabrication or modifications required
- Ribbed body to minimize expansion and distortion, holding the ceramic catalyst in proper alignment
- Strongest and smoothest flowing inlet and outlet joint of any manufacturer
- Each inlet tailored to the size of the converter body
- Converter body manufactured from heavy-duty stainless steel
- Seam welded for a strong, tight bond
- On vehicles registered outside California, the converter is warranted against construction defects for 5 years and against emissions failure for 25,000 miles
- On vehicles registered within California, the converter is warranted against construction or emissions check failure for 5 years or 50,000 miles
- Proudly made in the USA
The Direct Fit Catalytic Converter is an exact replacement for your stock converter, with an interface at either end that will allow it to be bolted into the exhaust system. No fabrication or modifications are usually required. It’s available in OBD II (On-Board Diagnostics, 2nd Generation), Pre-OBD II, and OEM Grade OBD II configurations. Pre-OBD II is for early vehicles (generally 1995 or older), which were equipped with 2-way, 3-way, or 3-way with air injection converters. Two-way converters oxidize harmful Hydrocarbons (HC) and Carbon Monoxide (CO) along with secondary oxygen into water (H2O) and Carbon Dioxide (CO2). Along with the previously detailed conversion, a 3-way converter also reduces oxides of nitrogen (NOx) into Nitrogen (N2). The 3-way with air injection converter operates the same as a 3-way converter but with the addition of air pumped into the converter to improve the oxidation capabilities.
OBD II converters are for 1995 and newer vehicles and are 3-way converters. OEM Grade OBD II converters are for vehicles registered outside of the state of California, with California spec emissions. More precious metals are applied to the substrate on these converters to further reduce emissions. To determine if this converter is right for your vehicle, find the VECI (Vehicle Emissions Control Information) label in the engine compartment and look for the word “California” on the label.
On vehicles registered outside the state of California, MagnaFlow warrants the Direct Fit Catalytic Converter to be free of manufacturer’s defects for a period of 5 years and emissions failure for 25,000 miles. Direct Fit Catalytic Converters on vehicles registered in California carry a 5 year, 50,000 mile warranty against manufacturer’s defects and emissions failure.
MagnaFlow® has been in business for more than 30 years, with its slogan "Quality – Power – Sound" leading the company on its steady path to success. MagnaFlow is the market leader in exhaust systems. No other brand has managed to fulfill the demands auto enthusiasts have on their exhaust systems, while still complying with emission standards, as MagnaFlow has. The product line is steadily expanding, introducing new, cutting edge technologies and designs. MagnaFlow is the leader in exhaust system design and the company is determined to stay in the lead.