Porsche 911 Series 1996, Racing Series Slotted Type III 2-Piece Rotor Brake Kit by Brembo®. Quantity: 1 Pair. This is a direct replacement for the front Brembo Original Equipment system which is a very capable street and track system. This is a full race system meant for enthusiasts that have experienced fade and braking issues with the stock GT-R brakes due to heavy brake demand and intend to do limited street driving in the future.
|Caliper Color: Black|
|Caliper Construction: Fixed|
|Driving Style: Track Only|
|Rotor Construction: 2-Piece|
|Rotor Material: Cast Iron|
|Rotor Style: Slotted|
|Rotor Type: Vented|
|Series: Racing Series|
- Optimum heat dissipation and fade resistance
- Lightweight construction reduces unsprung weight
- Latest Motorsports Technology
- Increased cooling and durability compared to OEM discs
- Exclusive venting system improves cooling and resistance to brake fade
- Proprietary floating hardware allows disc to float to avoid thermal distortion
- Unique anti-rattle hardware eliminates noise usually associated with floating discs
- Lightweight center section machined from billet aluminum
- For racing use only
- Brake pads sold separately
- Removable stiffening bridge for easy pad changes
- Complete front system with brackets, disc assemblies and brake lines
- Disc assemblies include an outer iron disc with aluminum bell/hat and provide decreased corner weights to improve vehicle dynamics including handling, acceleration, and braking
- Slots help to increase pad bite and improve air circulation
- Slots create an escape route for debris, dust, gases, and water
- Slots clean and de-glaze pad surface for optimum pad coefficient of friction
- 2-Piece rotors offer great weight savings and provide rapid heat dissipation compared to 1-piece rotors
- Floating rotor design provides better contact of rotor blade and pad
- Vented type of rotors offer much faster heat dissipation
- Multi-piston calipers provide clamping force on both sides of the rotor at the same time and uniformly transfer braking force to the brake pads
- Caliper pistons are hollow to save weight
- Aluminum caliper body allows for exceptional light weight (up to 40% of weight savings) and ensures superior corrosion resistance
- Caliper heat-resistant coating prevent cracking and fading
- Fixed calipers create friction from the brake pads on both sides of the rotor at minimum time interval
These are the pinnacle of racing systems, purpose-designed to be used at any desired level of motorsports. Typical systems include forged and billet monobloc calipers with titanium piston inserts for heat defense to hard anodized and a nickel plating for corrosion resistance in the most extreme environments. Brembo offers complete Brembo race systems which employ characteristics such as a hard anodized body with full race features like a quick release for pad swaps to lightweight 2-piece Brembo Racing discs with increased thermal capacity for use with friction materials in racing environments.
For about 40 years, Brembo has been equipping the cars and bikes of elite drivers and riders competing in motor sports at world championship levels. The experience accumulated through years of intensive research in the competition field has allowed us to create product lines that are differentiated on the basis of the application types and different research and development procedures adopted. Thanks to the results obtained, car sports enthusiasts, who insist on replacing original brake systems with Brembo High Performance equipment, are able to improve their riding style in terms of performance and safety while also ramping up the overall aesthetic appeal of their machines.
Brembo is one of the only braking companies which controls the engineering, design, and manufacturing process of components and brake systems from start to finish. The specific Brembo Racing disc uses a large air gap typically and vane disc configuration which is designed to maximize the cooling surface area of the disc while keeping the Outer Diameter (OD) of the disc on the smaller side to assist with wheel clearance. The Brembo vane design is substantially better than the vane designs used by the OE discs or typical "racing" branded products.
The Brembo type V face type is a motorsport developed face type with comparable initial response compared to a typical sprint disc while focusing on braking control, modulation and low wear of the consumable parts (pads/discs). The Brembo Racing type V face type is designed to offer lower pad and disc wear for certain long distance endurance races or heavy duty braking applications.
In its 50 years of existence, Brembo® has secured a prestigious place for itself in the automotive braking system sector. This position can only be held through continuous innovation in products and services, maintaining the highest possible quality levels, offering competitive prices and focusing the utmost attention on safety, individual and public health and respect for the environment. The group's Quality, Safety and Environment policy expresses Brembo's commitment to client satisfaction and ongoing improvement.