HKS Co., Ltd. (“HKS”) warrants to the original retail purchaser that the HKS product will be free from defects in material and workmanship for one (1) year from the date of original purchase except for:
HKS Exhaust Systems:
Four years after purchase (The warranty period of the metal catalyzers, front pipes, exhaust manifolds, and center pipes are one year after purchase).
HKS Turbine kit, Turbocharger Units, and Wastegate Unit:
120 days after purchase
HKS Clutch Kit:
90 days after purchase
When the product(s) is installed and used properly as instructed in the manual within the warranty period, and any defects in manufacturing are identified, HKS will repair or replace defective parts with new or reconditioned parts without charge.
The following cases are exceptions (Disclaimers).
- Improper installation and/or misuse.
- Mishandling during shipping, installation, and transfer.
- Service, alteration, modification, and/or repair by anyone other than HKS’ authorized dealers.
- Installing the products to inapplicable vehicles.
- The aging of the material and/or parts such as dirt, scratch, rust, peeling of plating and painting, etc. Rust formed by sea water, snow melting agent, and/or a similar solvent.
- Use with non-HKS products.
- A natural disaster, such as a fire, earthquake, flood, lightening, and/or accident.
- In these cases, even the defect is found within a warranty period, HKS shall not be liable under this warranty. Repairing of the defective parts may be available for a fee.
- When any defect is found within the warranty period under proper use, contact a representative of HKS Co., Ltd. for inspection or repair.
- When making a request for inspection, please describe the defect as fully as possible for the purpose of enabling the cause of defect to be found easily.
- To request the inspection or repair, send us the warranty request form. (A special request form for suspension is available.) Fill in all required items in the form and attach pictures of the defective parts if possible.
- If descriptions of the defect are insufficient, an appropriate inspection result may not be achieved; giving specific descriptions enables us to determine the cause and conduct an accurate inspection.
- When the cause of defect cannot be determined by the warranty request form and pictures, the defective parts are needed to be returned to HKS Co., Ltd.（The delivery expense to Japan must be paid by the customer).
- The bill of sale or other proof of purchase must be retained to receive warranty service.
- When the defect is caused by the manufacturing process, HKS will repair or replace the product or refund the original purchase cost. (HKS will pay for the cost of repair / shipping to send a replacement).
- When the cause of defect is not caused by the manufacturing process, the inspection fees and shipping fee to return the inspected product may be charged. The list of inspection fee is provided separately.
- Inspection may take some time before the result is determined.
Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act:
Legally, a vehicle manufacturer cannot void the warranty on a vehicle due to an aftermarket part unless they can prove that the aftermarket part caused or contributed to the failure in the vehicle (per the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302(C)) Learn More