Toyota T-100 1993-1998, BedXTender HD™ Moto Bed Extender by AMP Research®. This aluminum-tube assembly has a 5-sided design specifically shaped with a longer extension over the end of the tailgate to provide the most clearance for motorcycle wheels in short-bed compact pickups. Flip it inside and close the tailgate to keep tools and smaller cargo contained in the truck bed.
- Drilling is required
- Requires L-Bracket Kit #74601-01A
- Provides a longer tailgate overhang for extra motorcycle wheel clearance needed on short pickup beds
- Aircraft-grade aluminum tubing provides high strength, light weight, and resistance to corrosion
- Upright vertical pieces made from glass-reinforced nylon composite are durable yet flexible to provide cushioning and structural support
- Bed extender width is adjusted for a perfect fit on your truck using the upright vertical pieces
- Bed extender is easily removable from your truck to double as a seat or bench while at a tailgate party
- Creates a fenced-off proximity inside your bed when tailgate is up, then flips over to extend your walled storage area by 2 feet when the tailgate is down
- Comes with two attached hold-down straps for securing the bed extender in place when the tailgate is down
- Durable powder coat provides a hard outer finish that is resistant to chips, scratches, and the elements
- Quick Latch Bracket Kit is necessary to adapt for use with a tonneau cover
- 3-year/36,000-mile manufacturer warranty
- Manufactured in the United States
As truck beds became shorter to make way for more passenger space in the 1990s, AMP Research created the first BedXTender and has been refining it ever since. Bed extenders give you the benefits of a full-size truck bed without having to own one. Operation of the AMP Research Moto Bed Extender remains simple today. Keep it inside your bed with the tailgate up to create a two-foot fenced in area when heavier cargo needs to be separated from smaller items that can be damaged. When it’s time to carry motorcycles and other items that won’t fit inside the bed, simply lower the tailgate and flip the Moto Bed Extender over. Vertical cross pieces provide structural support for the horizontal bars, and are designed to be both durable and shock-absorbing.
Three horizontal bars span the entire perimeter of the bed extender to prevent lower and smaller items from sliding through the cracks. The two highest horizontal bars extend further out than the tailgate panel does in order to provide room for motorcycle wheels exactly where it is needed most. Whether you’ve got grocery bags, electronic equipment, mulch bags, or other large items, you’ll truly maximize your truck’s carrying ability with the Moto Bed Extender. Installation is easy - after drilling a series of three template-guided holes on both sides of your bed, install the bracket pieces that hold your bed extender cage. Aircraft-grade aluminum ensures a minimum of weight is added to your vehicle, and a choice of durable powder coat finishes provides a surface that’s extremely resistant to chips, scratches, and the elements. AMP Research builds all components in the United States and backs them with a 3-year / 36,000 mile warranty against failure due to manufacturing defects.
Founded in 1980 in southern California, AMP Research came together with a wealth of engineering talent drawn from company founder Horst Leitner and others who were previously involved in motorcycle racing and engineering. During the 1980s and 1990s, AMP Research pioneered the first 4-stroke engines for off-road motocross bikes as well as other suspension and chain torque advancements for bicycles and motorcycles. Hauling dirt bikes to racing events in the back of their pickup trucks, company engineers rigged up temporary bed extenders to keep chairs and other items from sliding out on the road when tailgates were down. What they did worked so well, AMP Research patented the idea and introduced it for 1998 - quickly becoming a supplier to vehicle manufacturers that offered the bed extenders as factory equipment. During the following decade, AMP Research pioneered power retracting running boards and has become a featured supplier to major automakers who use them as well. AMP Research is ISO 9001:2008 certified for best business practices in manufacturing and customer satisfaction, and their range of high-quality products is widely respected throughout the industry. CARiD is proud to offer the best values on the full AMP Research lineup of power retracting running boards, step pads, bed extenders, and all individual replacement parts at prices that can’t be beat.