GEO Prizm Base / LSi Standard Transmission 1992, Stage 1 Sport Racing Clutch Kit by EXEDY®. Push Type Clutch. Does not Include: Flywheel. Input Shaft Spline: 0.95" x 21 Teeth. Disc Type: Ductile Casting. Material: Organic. Number of Discs: 1. Up the ante with an EXEDY Stage 1 Organic Disc racing clutch kit. If you've bumped up your horsepower a little, and want a more robust clutch with more clamping load and only slightly higher clutch pedal effort, this is the right clutch for you.
Notes: SFI 1.1 Approved - Certified for use in Competitive Motorsports.
- Ultra-Fiber organic disc with EXEDY exclusive friction composition
- High Heat resins bond friction fibers
- EXEDY friction material has no need for a steel backing to pass SFI burst test, unlike some competitors
- Maintains drivability of an OE-style disc
- Heavy duty oil-quench hardened damper
- Heavy duty rivets retain clutch material
- High performance clutch cover
- Average of 40% increase in clamp load
- Extra capacity holds common street car upgrades
- Ductile iron pressure plate provides high strength anti-burst protection in all temperature ranges
- Stamped steel cover designed to reduce deflection
- Stage 1 organic clutch kits carry SFI 1.1 certification
EXEDY organic racing clutches use only premium friction materials that are resistant to slippage and burst. Increased clamp loads give the necessary capacity to handle modified engines. This is the preferred clutch for street and light track use. Drivability is similar to the stock clutch. Pedal efforts will be slightly higher because of the higher clamp loads. All of our Stage 1 clutch discs have spring center dampers to reduce drivetrain shock.
EXEDY® is a global leader in the clutch business, with hundreds of applications, many of them still bearing their original Daikin logo. Well-respected, and with a huge share of the OEM clutch industry, EXEDY has become a leader in the motorsports field, pioneering new technologies like puller clutch springs and carbon-fiber friction material. With roots going back to 1923, EXEDY manufactures globally, but has a major presence in the US, with several domestic facilities manufacturing clutch components for applications here and for export.