Ford Mustang Turbo GT with 5 Lug Wheels 1984, Drag Race Plain Rotor Forged Dynalite Caliper Front Brake Kit by Wilwood®. This Brake kit will fit the Flex line kit # 220-6471. This brake kit is designed for serious racers who demand exceptional performance on the track. It includes premium quality components that greatly improve your vehicle's braking. With less weight resulting in faster E.T’s, Wilwood brake kits always perform at their peak.
Notes: These products are designed to fit OE Factory Spindles.
Fitment notes: Fits Models with 14" wheels. Check wheel clearance diagram in kit installation instructions before purchase.
|Rotor Bolt Circle: 5x4.5"/4.75"|
|Caliper Finish: Black Anodize|
|Caliper Construction: Fixed|
|Caliper Type: 4-Piston|
|Caliper Body Material: Aluminum|
|Caliper Mount Type: Lug|
|Caliper Total Piston Area: 4.8 sq in|
|Caliper Type: Forged Dynalite (FDL)|
|Minimum Wheel Diameter Required: 381mm (15")|
|Driving Style: Performance / Racing, Track Only|
|Hub Bolt Circle 1: 5 x 4.5"|
|Hub Bolt Circle 2: 5 x 4.75"|
|Hub Mount Style: Direct / Adapter|
|Hub Stud Diameter: 1/2-20|
|Rotor Thickness: 9mm (0.35")|
|Outside Diameter: 273mm (10.75")|
|Spindle Type: Factory Disc Spindle|
|OE Hub Offset: + 0.49|
|Pad Area: 6.36 in²|
|Pad Compound: BP-10|
|Pad Plate: 7112|
|Piston Material: Stainless|
|Rotor Construction: 2-Piece|
|Rotor Material: Steel|
|Rotor Style: Plain|
|Rotor Type: Solid|
|Rotor Construction: With Hub|
|Rotor Finish: Black Oxide|
- Includes plain face rotors, brake pads and calipers
- Plain face rotors provide smooth pad contact
- Rotors are resistant to thermal distortion
- For superior braking power
- Designed for drag racing superior braking performance
- High-performance calipers provide excellent strength and durability
- Kits include attachment hardware, brake pads, and instructions
- Proudly manufactured in the United States
- Plain rotors ensure quiet operation and offer low dust and long pad life
- Steel rotors offer great weight savings and provide rapid heat dissipation
- Multi-piston calipers provide clamping force on both sides of the rotor at the same time and uniformly transfer braking force to the brake pads
- Caliper pistons are hollow to save weight
- Aluminum caliper body allows for exceptional light weight (up to 40% of weight savings) and ensures superior corrosion resistance
- Caliper heat-resistant coating prevent cracking and fading
Wilwood has put great efforts into developing a superior line of drag race brake kits that have become a favorite choice for drag racers thanks to their extreme durability and outstanding stopping power. The Drag Race Plain Brake Kit is engineered to match high requirements of drag racing. The package includes plain face rotors, reliable brake pads and calipers representing the latest racing technology. Wilwood plain face rotors ensure high resistance to thermal deformation with excellent friction and wear characteristics against the pads.
Fixed calipers by Wilwood offer unmatched stopping power. The pistons in fixed calipers are located on both sides of the disc, allowing for evenly distributed clamping force. They apply more squeezing power and apply it more evenly during braking as force is directly applied to both sides. Multi-piston calipers allow for more even braking and, as a result, less pad distortion. The more number of pistons a caliper has, the more clamping force it provides. Thanks to the evenly distributed pressure, these calipers ensure an even wear pattern along the entire length of the brake pad. Usually these calipers have smaller diameter pistons than single-piston calipers. Plain rotors by Wilwood offer the quietest operation out of all rotors as well as low dust and long pad life. They are a budget-friendly option for those drivers who can give up some performance but want to have reliable rotors.
Wilwood® Engineering designs and manufactures high-performance disc brake systems. Since founding in 1977, Wilwood has developed a substantial matrix of brake components and engineering techniques that allow us to quickly and reliably create brake systems for almost any application. Their core ability is the rapid development of custom engineered brake systems using a combination of off-the-shelf and custom components. In addition to designing and manufacturing brakes for all types of competitive motor sports, Wilwood also manufactures brake systems and components for agricultural equipment, industrial applications, utility vehicles, snowmobiles, quads, motorcycles and military vehicles.