Ford F-350 1980-1981, Flame-Thrower™ "Stock-Look" Distributor Standart by PerTronix®. With Motorcraft Style. Flame-Thrower "Stock-Look" distributors are loaded with features that you would expect from a high performance part, yet maintain the original look for the ultimate "sleeper". They build distributors with all new components not remanufactured parts like the other guys. No need to hassle with adjusting points or replacing capacitors, because distributors come equipped with maintenance free electronics providing decades of trouble free operation. Each distributor is complete with a high quality cap and rotor, so you're ready to run right out of the box. No longer do you have to compromise the stock look of your engine for the sake of performance. Distributors maintain the original Motorcraft look, but are loaded with performance features. Hidden under the cap is a powerful Ignitor or Ignitor III electronic ignition. Each distributor receives a performance advance curve and is equipped with an adjustable vacuum canister.
Notes: This is a CARB compliant part, legal for use on vehicles built to meet CARB standards and/or registered in California and other states which follow CARB standards.
|Trigger Style: Magnetic|
|Advance Type: Vacuum and Mechanical|
|Distributor Gear Material: Steel|
|Material: Cast aluminum|
|Cap Style: Female/Socket|
|Mechanical Tach Drive: No|
|Slip Collar: No|
|Quantity: 1 Piece|
- All new lightweight cast aluminum housing
- High dielectric strength cap and rotor with brass contacts
- Optimized phasing insures maximum energy to the spark plug
- Tailored advance curve for optimal performance and drivability
- Warranty: 30 months electronics / limited 1 year mechanical
- Digital performance solutions give you more power and more features in a smaller package
- Innovative technology for superior operation and rugged dependability under harsh conditions
- Designed to give you dramatic improvement in reliability and lowered maintenance cost
- Will help boost your system's efficiency so you can put your ride on the path to peak performance
- Expertly built from top-notch materials to be rock-solid strong and last you for years to come
Originally known as Per-Lux, the company was founded in 1962, primarily a manufacturer of driving and fog lights for the heavy-duty market (big rig trucks). In the early 70's, an engineer came up with the idea of an electronic ignition system that would replace the points and condenser in distributors. The Ignitor™ was born and after patenting the product, Per-Lux started manufacturing systems with emphasis on the lift truck and industrial engine markets. PerTronix® has greatly expanded their ignition offering over the last few years including the addition of the Ignitor III multi-spark Ignition control module, Flame-Thrower "Stock Look" distributors, are completely new (not remanufactured) with proprietary electronic components. These distributors are perfect for the person that wants that original look but also have the benefits of modern electronics. From classic cars to forklift trucks, PerTronix® continues to supply the performance that their customers deserve.