Pontiac Grand Prix USA Built 5.0L 1979, Pro-Billet Distributor by MSD®. Mechanical. Designed utilizing the latest technology, this product by MSD features premium quality and will perform better than advertised. Perfect for your vehicle and lifestyle, it is manufactured to meet or exceed stringent industry standards.
- Designed for street/performance use with a mechanical and vacuum advance
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
- Vacuum advance canister for improved economy (can be locked out)
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from chrome moly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Special oil tract improves lubrication to the distributor and cam gear
- O-ring seals can be added to modified blocks to improve oil pressure control
- Supplied with an HEI style distributor cap and rotor (accepts Cap-A-Dapts)
- Must be used with an MSD Ignition Control
- CARB E.O. Approved
The Street Pro-Billet is a popular route for people looking for proven race performance for their street cars. A vacuum advance canister provides economy and the proven MSD mechanical advance gives you the opportunity to dial-in a timing curve to fit your needs. Inside, an oversized steel shaft is QPQ-coated for low friction and rides in a sealed ball bearing at the top of the distributor with an extra-long sintered bushing at the bottom. This combination keeps the shaft steady creating accurate spark delivery at any rpm. The Street Pro-Billet relies on a magnetic pick-up to trigger the MSD Ignition Control which delivers the powerful sparks to the coil. This pick-up is extremely accurate and never needs adjusting.
Founded in 1970 MSD®, LLC is the leader in performance ignition components today's racers need to step up their vehicle's performance. MSD has completely redefined the ignition system by using cutting-edge technology called capacitive discharge (CD) that makes it possible to spark multiple times. The pioneer in research and development of high-performance ignition systems, the company offers the finest parts, including ignition controls, distributors, coils, timing accessories, spark plug wires, and more. Every product that leaves the state-of-the-art MSD factory is rigorously tested to deliver flawless quality and push the performance to the max while improving starting and ensuring smooth idle. That's why MSD is the number one ignition choice for performance fanatics and hardcore racers in NHRA, IHRA, NASCAR, World of Outlaws, DIRT, SCORE, IDBA, and many more.