Pontiac Bonneville 1979, Tough Guard™ Oil Filter by FRAM®. 1 Piece. This filter is designed to ensure maximum protection to your engine under any driving conditions. FRAM Tough Guard oil filter uses only high-quality media blend and provides 6 times more engine protection compared to the standard leading economy filter.
|Anti-Drainback Valve: Yes|
|Base Gasket Outside Diameter: 2.75"|
|Base Gasket Thickness: 0.188"|
|By-Pass Valve Setting-PSI: None|
|Filter Type: Spin-On|
|Outside Diameter (in): 2.984"|
|Turning Specification: 1.75"|
- Engineered with a new stronger, more durable media to provide an outstanding 99% dirt-trapping efficiency
- Tough Guard adds microscopic synthetic fibers, creating small windows that trap the microscopic dirt particles without affecting the flow of oil
- Blending synthetic fibers with cellulose increases a filter’s dirt-trapping efficiency and its dirt-holding capacity for higher levels of engine protection and longer filter life
- Tough Guard is the perfect filter for drivers who push their vehicles in stop-and-go traffic, towing and extreme weather conditions
- It has an internally lubricated sealing gasket for easier filter removal
- Start-up engine protection is delivered through a silicone anti-drain back valve with up to 3X the hot oil resistance
- It has precision coil spring with a glass fiber reinforced nylon poppet relief valve
- SureGrip® no-slip finish provides a non-slip surface for easier installation and removal
The proper oil filter is critical for any vehicle as it keeps the engine clean prolonging its service life. Dirt and contaminants cause rapid wear of moving engine parts and even the smallest particles are extremely dangerous to bearings and cylinders. This oil filter is designed to trap these contaminants and protect your engine even under the toughest driving conditions. So if you are searching for superior engine protection, the FRAM Tough Guard is the number one choice. It utilizes cellulose media combined with microscopic synthetic fibers providing 6 times more engine protection and superior filtration without affecting the oil flow. This blend of the top-quality materials together with the latest technologies, allows the Tough Guard to achieve 99% dirt-trapping efficiency.
The first FRAM® filter was designed about 80 years ago by two chemists, Frederic Franklin and T. Edward Aldam. These scientists created a unique created a unique replaceable oil filtering element that was easier to use than standard filters which were difficult to install and change. Today FRAM is a leading manufacturer of oil, fuel, air filters and PCV valves. It offers a wide range of high-quality filters for passenger cars, SUVs, light trucks and commercial vehicles. The company utilizes a number of patented technologies that ensure maximum engine protection and superior engine performance.