Plymouth Trailduster 1979, No-Slip Traction System by Powertrax®. For vehicles that are driven daily, the Powertrax No-Slip Traction System is the latest design in quiet traction-adding differential technology. It combines the automatic street-friendly smooth operation of a limited-slip differential with the traction performance of a locking differential. A patented, precise synchronization mechanism eliminates the ratcheting sounds typical of other automatic locking differentials. Special gear and spring designs reduce the backlash and, therefore, driveline windup. Only 9310 ultra-strength material is used, which is stronger than titanium. Installation is simple because no ring and pinion set-up is required. In addition, no special tools or oils are needed. Step by step instructions are provided with every kit.
- Extreme Traction Performance
- Enables a 2 Wheel Drive to outperform a 4 Wheel Drive in poor traction conditions
- Gives 4 Wheel Drive vehicles ultimate traction performance
- Maximum power to both wheels off the line and in high g turns
- Torque transfer limited only by the strength of other driveline components
- Dreaded wheel spin is eliminated
- Smoothe and Quiet Operation
- Synchronization mechanism eliminates ratcheting sound typical of locking differentials
- Backlash effects are minimized because of special spring/saddle design
- Rapid, smooth engagement and disengagement
- Virtually transparent until its extreme traction is neededa
- Strong And Durable
- 2 year warranty
- Takes 6,000 to 36,000 ft-lbs of torque. Much stronger than the axles
- Improves driveline durability by eliminating wheel spin and the associated driveline trauma
- Zytanium construction is 67% stronger than titanium
- No wearing surfaces. No friction clutch packs to burn out
- Easy to Install
- Installs in the existing differential case- no need to reset the ring & pinion
- Step by step, model specific pictorial instructions are included
- No special tools are required
- No special gear oil or friction additives are needed
- Most models installed in less than one hour
- Available For Most Vehicles
- Models available to upgrade most trucks, SUV's and performance vehicles
- Upgrades open, limited slip and GovLok differentials
Powertrax patented SynTRAC™ synchronization mechanism eliminates the ratcheting sounds typical of other automatic locking differentials. Only the highest quality Zytanium® ultra-strength alloy material is used. The Powertrax No-Slip locker easily installs in to your differential carrier using basic tools and without affecting your ring and pinion settings.
A key feature of the Powertrax Extreme Traction System is that it installs easily in the existing differential case so there is no need to realign the ring and pinion gears. 2-pinion differentials are the easiest to install and do not require removal of the case. 3-pinion and 4-pinion differentials use split cases, requiring case removal. However, because the case is not replaced, all setup parameters are preserved so the installation is still not difficult. The entire installation can be completed in about an hour with basic tools. No special setup is required. At special events, Powertrax demonstrates the ease of installation by installing the Powertrax Extreme Traction System in prepared vehicles in under 5 minutes.
Limited-slip/posi and centrifugally activated differentials can be as easily upgraded with a Powertrax Extreme Traction System as can open differentials. When upgrading a limited-slip/posi differential, it is only necessary to remove preload springs before removing the spider gears, and to remove the friction plates after removing the side gears. For centrifugally activated differential upgrades, it is necessary to remove the governor counter weight and tumbler assembly before removing the spider gears (GM Gov-Lock). Powertrax provides a special tool with each centrifugally activated differential model that easily facilitates this step.
The Powertrax Traction Systems are the only differential that offers the maximum traction performance of a locking differential with the smoothness of a limited-slip/posi differential. It delivers power to both wheels through intermeshing teeth in such a way that one wheel cannot be powered ahead of the other. A specially contoured saddle ensures direct engagement of the intermeshing teeth. The Powertrax System features a precision synchronization mechanism that holds the driver and coupler disengaged throughout a turn, so the unit remains quiet and operates smoothly. In addition, the springs mounted in the saddle (that impinge on the pinion cross shaft) and the turning resistance of the synchronization mechanism help damp out backlash effects. As a result, the Powertrax System's operation is virtually unnoticeable to the vehicle driver until its extreme traction performance is required.
The Powertrax Traction System incorporates an internal access slot for effectively installing the C-clip without the need for teeth elimination that adversely reduces traction output levels. Overall design results allow the Powertrax Traction System models to withstand over 6,800 ft-lb of torque per axle for very small differential applications (representing 75% more torque capability than the axles themselves), to well over 35,000 ft-lb for large differential applications (representing up to 250% more torque capability than the axles themselves).
Powertrax® is synonymous with extreme traction and ultimate performance that a driver can feel from the word go. The company is a leading manufacturer of traction adding products for sports and race cars, as well as off-road, sport utility, and performance street-rod applications. Powertrax offers a variety of extreme traction solutions ranging from full spools and mini-spools for the ultimate in straight-line performance to full limited slip/posi differentials and drop-in lockers designed to provide maximum street-ability and traction in any driving conditions.