Chevy Suburban 1978, High Mileage™ Spin-On Oil Filter by FRAM®. 1 Piece. This Full-Flow Spin-On filter helps to extend the service life of High Mileage vehicles ensuring maximum engine protection and unrestricted oil flow. It's the perfect filter for those drivers who want their older vehicles to run for the long term.
|Base Gasket Inside Diameter: 3.14"|
|Base Gasket Outside Diameter: 3.563"|
|Base Gasket Thickness: 0.25"|
|By-Pass Valve Setting-PSI: No|
|Inside Diameter: 13/16-16 Thread|
|Outside Diameter (in): 3.781"|
|Turning Specification: 1.75"|
- Ensures extreme engine protection and oil filtration for older high mileage vehicles
- Contains time-released additives to maintain protection throughout oil life
- Reduces Corrosive Engine Wear
- Keeps Engine Components Cleaner
- Maintains viscosity
- Uses cellulose and synthetic glass blended media
- Designed to work with High Mileage Motor Oil
- Spin-On design
- Provides Full-Flow oil filtration
- Precision molded nitrile anti-drainback valve for start-up engine protection
- Sure-grip non-slip coating for easier removal and installation
The High Mileage Full-Flow Spin-On Oil Filter by FRAM is engineered specially for older vehicles extending their service life. The filter is equipped with a cartridge that contains special compounds and detergents which neutralize acids, reduce corrosive wear and keep the engine and all its components cleaner for longer. It also features thick media that consists of cellulose and glass blended media that ensure improved dirt-trapping efficiency and dirt-holding capacity without affecting the oil flow. This filtering media traps small particles which can seriously damage the engine cylinders and bearings. So if you want your older vehicle to run many more miles, go with a Fram High Mileage Full-Flow Spin-On Oil Filter.
The first FRAM filter was designed about 80 years ago by two chemists, Frederic Franklin and T. Edward Aldam. These scientists created a unique created a unique replaceable oil filtering element that was easier to use than standard filters which were difficult to install and change. Today FRAM is a leading manufacturer of oil, fuel, air filters and PCV valves. It offers a wide range of high-quality filters for passenger cars, SUVs, light trucks and commercial vehicles. The company utilizes a number of patented technologies that ensure maximum engine protection and superior engine performance.