Chevy Caprice without Police Package and Taxi Package With Towing Hauling Package 1977-1981, Max-Air™ Load Adjusting Rear Shock Absorbers by Monroe®. Quantity: 2 per Pack. With Compressed Bumper Stop. If you use your vehicle for towing trailers or carrying heavy loads, these shocks are what you need as they are engineered to maintain the ride height of the vehicle even when up to 1100 lbs. of additional weight is loaded. Monroe Max-Air Rear Air Adjustable Shocks can be inflated to 150 psi with the vehicle loaded and deflated for normal driving.
- Use Monroe PN AK64 to Add Separate L/R Air Shock Fill System if Desired
- PN AK16 Required for Installation on Vehicles With Auto Air Leveling Systems
- Use Monroe PN AK18 to Replace Single Air Shock Fill System if Necessary
|Material Dust Shield: Yes|
|Dust Shield: Yes|
|Extended Bumper Stop: No|
|Lower Mounting: L1/CP3|
|Upper Mounting: Cross Pin Mount - Closed Ended, 0.313" Hole ID (Both Ends) x 2.875" Pin Length (Hole Center to Center)|
|Extended Hydraulic Lockout: No|
- Monotube, Air Adjustable internal design
- Provide proper vehicle ride height when additional weight is loaded
- Inflates up to 150 psi
- Can be adapted for most vehicles with automatic leveling systems
- All weather fluid reduces friction
- Full displaced valving for a smooth, comfortable ride
- Lubricated air sleeve for smoother operation
- Sintered iron piston enhances durability
- Hardened piston rod for long service life
Carrying heavy loads will no longer be a problem for your vehicle with Max-Air Rear Air Adjustable Shocks designed specially to provide a smooth and comfortable drive regardless of weight and road conditions. These shocks can be inflated up to 150 psi to maintain ride height when up to 1100 lbs. of additional weight is carried, and be deflated down to 20 psi for normal driving. They’re sold in pairs, and can be adapted for use on most vehicles with automatic leveling systems.
These shocks feature full displaced valving, for a better valving range on both compression and extension, for a smooth, comfortable ride; strong sintered iron pistons for long service life, hardened and precision ground ½” diameter piston rods, and special air fittings that resist leakage.
Monroe® is a leading manufacturer of high-quality suspension parts, systems, and brake pads. The company has a network of 14 engineering centers on five continents providing improved technology and outstanding performance solutions for domestic passenger cars, SUVs, trucks and severe duty vehicles. Monroe offers a wide range of revolutionary products like premium brake pads, shocks and struts that provide superior steering, stopping and stability.