Mercedes 280S / 450SE / 450SEL 1975, Professional™ Engine Coolant Radiator Cap by ACDelco®. Pressure: 13 lbs. With a full range of part numbers to fit most GM vehicles, ACDelco Professional Radiator Caps offer customers an ideal replacement for their worn OE part. Built to our demanding specifications, ACDelco Professional Radiator Caps give you our legendary quality at a competitive price.
|Meets or Exceeds Original Equipment Manufacture Specifications: Yes|
|Cap Depth: 1.14 in|
|Cap Depth (mm): 29 mm|
|Maximum Pressure (psi): 13|
|Cap Finish: Stainless Steel|
|Coolant Recovery System: Yes|
|Lever Type: No|
|Quick Pressure Release: No|
|Material: Stainless Steel|
- Web Content Update Date: 2017-02-08
- ACD_RemanDes: No
- ACD_RemanInd: N
- ACD_VintagePartInd: N
- FAQ - A1: Yes, always use the correct radiator cap for your application. When changing or flushing your coolant, a new radiator cap or thermostat should be considered.
- FAQ - A2: Yes, a damaged radiator pressure cap could cause your engine to overheat.
- FAQ - A3: Yes, and these leaks could lead to overheating and engine damage.
- FAQ - Q1: Do I need to replace the radiator cap after changing or flushing the coolant in my vehicle?
- FAQ - Q2: Could a damaged radiator pressure cap cause damage to my vehicle?
- FAQ - Q3: Could a missing radiator cap cause coolant leakage?
- Good Maintenance Practices - S1 B1: Replace coolant with a mixture of antifreeze and water according to the vehicle manufacturer's recommendations.
- Good Maintenance Practices - S1 B2: Inspect engine belts for cracks or missing sections; check belt tension.
- Good Maintenance Practices - S1 B3: Evaluate radiator and radiator cap for leaks, corrosion, or a worn cap gasket.
- Good Maintenance Practices - S1 B4: Examine hoses every 12 months. Look for leaks, cracks or rot. Replace when showing signs of wear.
- Good Maintenance Practices - S1 B5: Tighten any loose clamps. Always replace clamps when replacing hoses.
- Good Maintenance Practices - S1 B6: Have cooling system inspected immediately if instrument panel-mounted temperature gauge indicates engine overheating.
- Good Maintenance Practices - S1 B7: Periodically, remove bugs, leaves and other debris from the front of the radiator. They can block airflow and substantially reduce cooling efficiency.
- Good Maintenance Practices - S1 H: Maintain proper coolant levels and check level monthly (Note: Never attempt to remove a radiator cap while the engine is hot. Serious injury could result).
- Marketing Statement - Product Line: ACDelco has a full line of high-quality thermostats and caps for nearly all GM vehicles on the road today. Through our GM Original Equipment and Professional, premium aftermarket product lines, our thermostats cover a wide range of designs and temperature ratings to meet your needs. We also offer GM OE and Professional, premium aftermarket fuel caps, radiator caps, and oil filler/breather caps to replace your worn GM Original Equipment.
- Marketing Statement - Sub Brand: ACDelco Professional, premium aftermarket Thermostats and Caps offer you an ideal replacement for your worn GM Original Equipment part. Engineered to work with your car, truck, or SUV, ACDelco has a thermostat or cap for virtually any GM vehicle on the road today. ACDelco Professional, premium aftermarket Thermostats and Caps give you our legendary quality at a competitive price.
- Mkt_Brand_Name: ACDelco
- Mkt_State_Warranty_CA: 12 Months / Unlimited Kilometers (Parts Only)
- Mkt_State_Warranty_DLR_US: 24 Month / Unlimited Mile Limited Warranty on parts sold on or after 04/01/18. (Parts Only) Please see the GM Dealer Parts and Accessories Policies and Procedures Manual for more details.
- Mkt_State_Warranty_US: 24 Month / Unlimited Mile Limited Warranty on parts sold on or after 04/01/18. (Parts Only) Please see ACDelco.com for more details.
- Mkt_SubBrand_Name: Professional
- PAdb Update Date: 2014-11-06
- PLNumberName: 13-Thermostats and Caps
- Signs of Wear & Troubleshooting - S1 B1: Coolant leak or loss
- Signs of Wear & Troubleshooting - S1 B2: Steam venting from radiator or surge tank cap
- Signs of Wear & Troubleshooting - S1 B3: Engine overheating
- Signs of Wear & Troubleshooting - S1 H: Signs of wear include:
The cooling system of your automobile is vital to your engine's overall health and longevity. That is why it’s critical to replace leaking, malfunctioning, cracked or otherwise damaged cooling parts and components in time. Without proper cooling, your engine can crack and seize up, which can lead to engine damage. To save your energy, time and money, get the superior OEM parts they offer for your vehicle. Each product is made from high quality materials to maintain proper cooling of your engine and prevent overheating.
ACDelco has a full line of high-quality Thermostats and Caps for nearly all GM vehicles on the road today. Available in GM OE and Professional product lines, our thermostats cover a wide range of designs and temperature ratings, and styles from economy to heavy-duty to meet customers’ needs. We also offer gas caps, radiator caps and oil filter/breather caps to replace worn Original Equipment
ACDelco®, a brand of GM Customer Care and Aftersales, is a global automotive manufacturer of premium replacement parts for almost all vehicle systems as well as off-road, industrial, and marine equipment. With more than hundred years of manufacturing experience, the company offers an extensive line of brake pads and rotors, belts and hoses, shocks and struts, alternators and starters, thermostats and caps, fuel pumps, and many more trustworthy and top-quality products.