Ford Elite 1975-1976, Black Pro-Billet HEI Distributor by MSD®. Mechanical. All the performance of our Pro-Billet line Now in black for your engine. Must be used with MSD 6, 7, or 8-series ignition.
- Must be used with an MSD Ignition Control
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing for smooth operation at all rpms
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base providing superior strength and great looks
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings (except locked out versions)
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from chrome moly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems or racing applications
- Vacuum advance canister for improved economy (can be locked out)
MSD Pro-Billet Distributors are the finest performance and racing distributors available. Every feature has been engineered to endure the rigors of high performance and racing engines. Whether cruising the streets or racing stock cars, dragsters, boats or trucks, MSD has a distributor for it. MSD uses state-of-the-art, Computer Numerical Controlled (CNC) mills and lathes to machine each housing. After a long series of precise cuts and movements, the billet is formed into a flawless distributor housing that is accurate to within 0.001”. The flex-free housings are lightweight, have no porosity or weak areas and look great on polished, show quality engines.
Founded in 1970 MSD®, LLC is the leader in performance ignition components today's racers need to step up their vehicle's performance. MSD has completely redefined the ignition system by using cutting-edge technology called capacitive discharge (CD) that makes it possible to spark multiple times. The pioneer in research and development of high-performance ignition systems, the company offers the finest parts, including ignition controls, distributors, coils, timing accessories, spark plug wires, and more. Every product that leaves the state-of-the-art MSD factory is rigorously tested to deliver flawless quality and push the performance to the max while improving starting and ensuring smooth idle. That's why MSD is the number one ignition choice for performance fanatics and hardcore racers in NHRA, IHRA, NASCAR, World of Outlaws, DIRT, SCORE, IDBA, and many more.