Chevy Nova H Engine VIN Character 1974, HEI Blueprint Distributor by Taylor Cable®. A race motor needs to have the hottest, most consistent spark delivery possible. Any spark scatter means that some cylinders fire too early or too late, compromising power and potentially causing detonation. Install this TaylorVertex race distributor and you’ll get consistent ignition up to 9500 RPM, perfect for drag or circle-track racing.
|Rotor Included: Yes|
|Contact Terminal Material: Brass|
|Quantity: 1 Piece|
- Performs misfire-free up to 9500 RPM
- Precision CNC Machined A354 T-6 cast alloy housing for maximum accuracy
- Centerless-ground shaft reduces friction and provides concentric operation
- High quality bronze Oilite bushings are installed and rifle-bored for accuracy, durability, and extended life
- 50,000 volt coil with dust cover
- Open circuit board race-only 7.5 amp rated module
- High-strength dielectric red distributor cap and rotor with brass terminals resists cross fire and high rpm arcing
- Hardened steel gear machined to exact tolerances for a tighter mesh with cam gear
- Comes with mechanical advance and locked out vacuum advance
- Chevy comes standard with polished housing finish
- Great for both circle track and drag race applications when factory-type HEI distributors are mandated by the rules
- Made in U.S.A.
A race distributor needs to be built to the closest tolerances. High RPMs leave no excuses for an inconsistent spark, and a set of plugs that are firing that many times need more power to provide a fat spark that will ignite every cylinder, every time. This race-capable distributor starts with a steel gear, compatible with steel camshaft timing gears used on modern roller cams. The bushings the shaft rides in are premium Oilite bronze, rifle-bored after being pressed in to assure they’re completely concentric for minimum clearance. The mechanical advance curve is optimized for maximum high-end power, and the vacuum advance plate is locked out. With a 7.5A ignition module to provide ample energy for spark, this distributor will make your race engine a winner.
Taylor Cable®, also known as TaylorVertex, is based in Missouri, and has been in the auto parts manufacturing business since 1923. With over 100,000 square feet of manufacturing and warehousing space, the company builds all of their components right here in the USA. They've also operated Vertex Magnetos, the racing legend, since 1994. The continuing TaylorVertex’s dedication to quality manufacturing and product development makes it a trusted brand on our website.