GMC Jimmy 1973, Detroit Truetrac™ Differential by Eaton®. The Detroit Truetrac is a helical-gear style performance differential that maximizes wheel traction and enhances driving and handling characteristics. Operation of the Truetrac is smooth, quiet and automatic. The unit will engage without any driver knowledge or action required. It also has no wearable parts and requires no maintenance, meaning less time in the garage and more on the road.
- Helical-style pinion gears
- Limited-slip operation
- Smooth and automatic engagement - no driver action needed
- Parts are maintenance free meaning more time on the road
- Validated performance and durability
- Engineered to provide power management solutions
- Efficient, safe, and sustainable operation
- Built on a foundation of excellence
In 2011, Eaton®, a leading power management company, celebrated its 100th anniversary. For over a century, the manufacturer has been providing energy-efficient solutions to help customers successfully manage hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical power more efficiently and safely. From the very beginning, Eaton produced innovative products that were used in some of the earliest Ford and White Motor Company trucks. Today, the manufacturer's product line is highly diversified to manage power in many things that impact our daily lives – from more energy-efficient buildings, cities and infrastructure to next-generation aircraft, cars, trucks and machines.