Pontiac Firebird 1972, Ignitor™ Electronic Ignition by PerTronix®. For over forty years, the Ignitor has proven itself in applications ranging from race cars to tractors. The Ignitor replaces breaker points and troublesome factory electronic ignitions with a dependable, self contained and maintenance free electronic ignition system. The Ignitor has been called the "stealth" ignition because of its quick installation and nearly undetectable presence under your distributor cap. There is no "black-box" to clutter the engine compartment. For optimal performance, use the Ignitor with Flame-Thrower 40,000 volt coils. Designed utilizing the latest technology, this product by PerTronix features premium quality and will perform better than advertised. Perfect for your vehicle and lifestyle, it is manufactured to meet or exceed stringent industry standards.
Notes: This is a CARB compliant part, legal for use on vehicles built to meet CARB standards and/or registered in California and other states which follow CARB standards.
|Wiring Harness Included: No|
|Advance Type: Vacuum and Mechanical|
|Rev Limiter: No|
|Voltage: 12 Volts|
|Height (in): 4.800"|
|Quantity: 1 per Pack|
- Delivers twice the voltage to the spark plugs, increasing horsepower, fuel economy, and spark plug life
- 2:1 improvement over "points" in current fall time for increased coil output
- Rotating cobalt magnets trigger a Hall Effect integrated circuit, no points to burn, no moving parts to wear out
- Epoxy molding makes the module impervious to dirt, oil, grease and moisture
- Stable timing, no need for adjustment
- Will trigger most CD ignitions
- Guaranteed for 30 months
- Digital performance solutions give you more power and more features in a smaller package
- Innovative technology for superior operation and rugged dependability under harsh conditions
- Designed to give you dramatic improvement in reliability and lowered maintenance cost
- Will help boost your system's efficiency so you can put your ride on the path to peak performance
- Expertly built from top-notch materials to be rock-solid strong and last you for years to come
- Vacuum Advance
Originally known as Per-Lux, the company was founded in 1962, primarily a manufacturer of driving and fog lights for the heavy-duty market (big rig trucks). In the early 70's, an engineer came up with the idea of an electronic ignition system that would replace the points and condenser in distributors. The Ignitor™ was born and after patenting the product, Per-Lux started manufacturing systems with emphasis on the lift truck and industrial engine markets. PerTronix® has greatly expanded their ignition offering over the last few years including the addition of the Ignitor III multi-spark Ignition control module, Flame-Thrower "Stock Look" distributors, are completely new (not remanufactured) with proprietary electronic components. These distributors are perfect for the person that wants that original look but also have the benefits of modern electronics. From classic cars to forklift trucks, PerTronix® continues to supply the performance that their customers deserve.
WARNING Cancer and Reproductive Harm (more info)