Pontiac Firebird 1972-1974, Flame-Thrower™ HEI Street And Strip Distributor by PerTronix®. Designed utilizing the latest technology, this product by PerTronix features premium quality and will perform better than advertised. Perfect for your vehicle and lifestyle, it is manufactured to meet or exceed stringent industry standards. CA Prop 65 WARNING - This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, and/or birth defects or other reproductive harm.
- This is a CARB compliant part, legal for use on vehicles built to meet CARB standards and/or registered in California and other states which follow CARB standards.
- California Proposition 65 Warning.
- New lightweight aluminum alloy housing
- High dielectric strength cap with brass terminals and low resistance coil brush
- Balanced rotor with nylon screws prevent arcing and reduce vibration at high RPMs
- Precision machined chromoly advance weights and center plate eliminate erratic timing
- Additional advance springs included for fine tuning of the advance curve
- Bronze sintered bushings for reduced friction and extended life
- Centerless ground shaft reduces friction and provides concentric operation
- Distributor gear is ground to exact tolerances for tighter mesh with camshaft.(Bronze distributor gear available)
- Meets stringent automobile susceptibility, vibration and shock requirements
- Limited One Year Warranty
- Digital performance solutions give you more power and more features in a smaller package
- Innovative technology for superior operation and rugged dependability under harsh conditions
- Designed to give you dramatic improvement in reliability and lowered maintenance cost
- Will help boost your system's efficiency so you can put your ride on the path to peak performance
- Expertly built from top-notch materials to be rock-solid strong and last you for years to come
- Performance Module
Originally known as Per-Lux, the company was founded in 1962, primarily a manufacturer of driving and fog lights for the heavy-duty market (big rig trucks). In the early 70's, an engineer came up with the idea of an electronic ignition system that would replace the points and condenser in distributors. The Ignitor™ was born and after patenting the product, Per-Lux started manufacturing systems with emphasis on the lift truck and industrial engine markets. PerTronix® has greatly expanded their ignition offering over the last few years including the addition of the Ignitor III multi-spark Ignition control module, Flame-Thrower "Stock Look" distributors, are completely new (not remanufactured) with proprietary electronic components. These distributors are perfect for the person that wants that original look but also have the benefits of modern electronics. From classic cars to forklift trucks, PerTronix® continues to supply the performance that their customers deserve.