Pontiac Firebird 1972, Flame-Thrower™ Automotive Billet Distributor by PerTronix®. Plug n' Play billet distributors are designed for maximum ignition performance at a price you can afford. The distributors are available with advanced Ignitor III or Ignitor II technology. Replace your outdated points, electronic distributor or bulky HEI with this performance proven system. Simply install the distributor in the engine, connect two wires and start it up! For even more performance, consider adding one of the compatible Flame-Thrower coils for increased spark energy and higher RPM potential. The lineup includes the Flame-Thrower II and Flame-Thrower III canister style coils as well as the New HC and HV E-core style coils.
Notes: This is a CARB compliant part, legal for use on vehicles built to meet CARB standards and/or registered in California and other states which follow CARB standards.
|Trigger Style: Hall Effect|
|Distributor Gear Material: Iron|
|Material: Billet Aluminum|
|Slip Collar: No|
|Quantity: 1 Piece|
- Limited 1 year mechanical
- Digital performance solutions give you more power and more features in a smaller package
- Innovative technology for superior operation and rugged dependability under harsh conditions
- Designed to give you dramatic improvement in reliability and lowered maintenance cost
- Will help boost your system's efficiency so you can put your ride on the path to peak performance
- Expertly built from top-notch materials to be rock-solid strong and last you for years to come / Precision CNC machined 6061-T6 billet aluminum housing is lightweight yet strong
- Each billet distributor is hand polished and buffed to a high luster
- Tempered distributor shaft has low torsion displacement for accurate timing and extended operational life
- Upper ball bearing and oil impregnated bronze lower bushing work together to reduce friction and provide shaft and advance mechanism stability reducing high RPM vibration
- Precision stamped and balanced mechanical advance weights eliminate erratic timing
- Adjustable mechanical advance with proprietary limiting function permits multiple settings
- Distributors are factory set with a performance advance curve and are provided with additional springs for custom advance curves
- Premium high dielectric strength cap and rotor with brass terminals
- Warranty: 30 Months electronics
Originally known as Per-Lux, the company was founded in 1962, primarily a manufacturer of driving and fog lights for the heavy-duty market (big rig trucks). In the early 70's, an engineer came up with the idea of an electronic ignition system that would replace the points and condenser in distributors. The Ignitor™ was born and after patenting the product, Per-Lux started manufacturing systems with emphasis on the lift truck and industrial engine markets. PerTronix® has greatly expanded their ignition offering over the last few years including the addition of the Ignitor III multi-spark Ignition control module, Flame-Thrower "Stock Look" distributors, are completely new (not remanufactured) with proprietary electronic components. These distributors are perfect for the person that wants that original look but also have the benefits of modern electronics. From classic cars to forklift trucks, PerTronix® continues to supply the performance that their customers deserve.