Ford Ranchero 1972, Super 8 Spragless Torque Converter by Transmission Specialties®. Diameter: 9". Horse Power Rating: 800-1150. Converter is custom build piece that is designed for 800-1150 HP and engines in the 509-632 cu. in. class. It is assembled with either a custom build aluminum or steel atator depending on HR, nitrous or blower application. It is an ideal converter for the 7.00-8.00 big block dragster and extremely efficient, durable and consistent. The Super 8 racing converter is available with a mechanical diode or Borg Warner element sprag if requisted. This Transmission Specialties converter simply loves power and is amazingly efficient in high horsepower applications. It's a custom-built, made from 100% new parts converter that provides the durability and reliability expected by any driver.
- Most efficient torque converter on the market
- Spragless converter for unsurpassed durability
- New heavy-duty billet cover
- Knife-edged for maximum efficiency
- Anti-ballooning plates on pump and cover
- Screw-on pivot to adjust to midplate
- Computer balanced and pressure leak tested
- Torrington bearings are sure to last
- Computered Balanced and Pressure Leak Tested
- No Sprag to Slip or Fail
- All Converters Knife Edged for Maximum Efficiency
Transmission Specialties® is an industry leading designer and manufacturer of high performance automatic transmissions, torque converters and related parts. Since the beginning of its story in 1979, the company has supplied the high-performance racing industry with a variety of innovative products including the world's fastest converter, the first PG solid steel pump, and lots of others. Its creative solutions and dedication to excellence allowed the company to become one of the most trusted names in the performance parts industry in the United States.