Mercury Cougar 1970, Ignitor III™ Adaptive Dwell Control with Digital Rev Limiter by PerTronix®. Ignitor III ignition module is designed for the serious performance enthusiast who demands serious power. You have seen the performance increases the Ignitor and Ignitor II series of electronic ignitions have brought. Now get ready for more 5 times more spark energy than a typical points system. Ignitor III modules provide ignition box performance without the "box"! For the maximum Ignitor III benefit, select one of Flame-Thrower III or HC ignition coils.
Fitment notes: Legal in all 50 states and Canada (C.A.R.B. E.O. #D-57-22).
|Rev Limiter: Yes|
|Voltage: 12 Volts|
|Height (in): 4.800"|
|Length (in): 6.200"|
|Quantity: 1 per Pack|
- Multiple sparks thru the entire RPM range
- Integrated digital REV limiter with LED feedback for precise RPM setting
- Memory safe function stores settings eliminating unintended changes to Rev limit
- Adaptive dwell maintains peak energy throughout the entire RPM range, reducing misfires while improving engine performance
- Senses startup and increases energy for quicker, easier starting
- Thermal clad surface mount construction for superior reliability
- Built-in reverse polarity and over current protection shuts down the system, reventing component damage
- Not compatible with CD or Multi-Spark boxes
- Guaranteed for 30 months
- Digital performance solutions give you more power and more features in a smaller package
- Innovative technology for superior operation and rugged dependability under harsh conditions
- Designed to give you dramatic improvement in reliability and lowered maintenance cost
- Will help boost your system's efficiency so you can put your ride on the path to peak performance
- Expertly built from top-notch materials to be rock-solid strong and last you for years to come
Originally known as Per-Lux, the company was founded in 1962, primarily a manufacturer of driving and fog lights for the heavy-duty market (big rig trucks). In the early 70's, an engineer came up with the idea of an electronic ignition system that would replace the points and condenser in distributors. The Ignitor™ was born and after patenting the product, Per-Lux started manufacturing systems with emphasis on the lift truck and industrial engine markets. PerTronix® has greatly expanded their ignition offering over the last few years including the addition of the Ignitor III multi-spark Ignition control module, Flame-Thrower "Stock Look" distributors, are completely new (not remanufactured) with proprietary electronic components. These distributors are perfect for the person that wants that original look but also have the benefits of modern electronics. From classic cars to forklift trucks, PerTronix® continues to supply the performance that their customers deserve.