Mercury Cougar USA Manufactured 1970, Ready To Run Distributor by MSD®. Designed utilizing the latest technology, this product by MSD features premium quality and will perform better than advertised. Perfect for your vehicle and lifestyle, it is manufactured to meet or exceed stringent industry standards.
|Trigger Style: Magnetic|
|Advance Type: Vacuum and Mechanical|
|Material: Billet Aluminum|
|Cap Style: Male/HEI|
|Slip Collar: No|
|Quantity: 1 Piece|
- Simple and clean installation with only three wires to connect
- Powerful built-in module produces a 7.5 amp single spark through high rpm
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
- Vacuum advance canister for improved economy (can be locked out)
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base
- Housing is 5/8” smaller in diameter than stock Ford distributors
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from chrome moly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Supplied with small diameter cap with HEI style terminals and race rotor
- Does not require an MSD Ignition Control
- CARB E.O. Approved
- Now includes built-in Rev Limiter!
MSD’s Ready-to-Run Ford Distributors are the perfect upgrade for bulky DuraSpark systems or ancient breaker point models. These distributors come complete and ready-to-run. All you need to do is drop it in the engine, connect three wires and fire the engine. Each distributor features an ignition module that produces a powerful inductive spark to improve combustion of the fuel mixture resulting in quick starts, smooth idle and increased performance. The billet aluminum housings of these distributors are 5/8” smaller in diameter to accommodate induction setups and tight engine compartments. A maintenance-free magnetic pick-up is responsible for triggering the high voltage sparks while a sealed ball bearing guides an oversized shaft. Beneath the bolt down cap and MSD Race Rotor you’ll find MSD’s accurate mechanical advance assembly. Different advance springs and stop bushings are supplied so you can easily tune a curve to match your needs. Plus, there is a vacuum advance canister to increase economy on long drives.
Founded in 1970 MSD®, LLC is the leader in performance ignition components today's racers need to step up their vehicle's performance. MSD has completely redefined the ignition system by using cutting-edge technology called capacitive discharge (CD) that makes it possible to spark multiple times. The pioneer in research and development of high-performance ignition systems, the company offers the finest parts, including ignition controls, distributors, coils, timing accessories, spark plug wires, and more. Every product that leaves the state-of-the-art MSD factory is rigorously tested to deliver flawless quality and push the performance to the max while improving starting and ensuring smooth idle. That's why MSD is the number one ignition choice for performance fanatics and hardcore racers in NHRA, IHRA, NASCAR, World of Outlaws, DIRT, SCORE, IDBA, and many more.
WARNING Cancer and Reproductive Harm. www.p65warnings.ca.gov