Fiat 124 1970, Stage 11 Light Sport Plain Front Brake Kit by EBC®. Replace your old, worn out brakes with better performing pads and rotors from EBC. The Stage 11 Sport Brake Kit is designed to increase your stopping power and produce less brake dust than your stock brakes. The anodized layer is designed to disappear in the area that the brake pads contact the rotor.
|Driving Style: Performance / Racing|
|FMSI Cross Reference: D54|
|Rotor Thickness: 10.77mm (0.42")|
|Outside Diameter: 228.6mm (9")|
|Rotor Construction: 1-Piece|
|Rotor Material: Cast Iron|
|Rotor Style: Plain|
|Rotor Type: Solid|
- Sized and shaped to original equipment specifications with extremely tight tolerances
- Designed to meet or reduce factory levels of heat buildup, brake noise, vibration, and wear
- Black GEOMET and NITROTHERM™ anti corrosive finish
- Recommended by EBC for normal street driving, high performance street driving, truck or SUV use, drifting, and short track runs
- High quality "gray" iron features a higher carbon content to reduce brake shudder, heat cracking, and high-frequency vibrations which cause squealing
- EBC recommends a 500 mile break in period with lighter braking application
- Designed to give a high level of grip upon initial brake application
- Engineered for optimum performance on lighter vehicles with horsepower ratings under 200
- Nominal friction coefficient of 0.55
- Offers superior brake performance up to temperatures of 1,100° Fahrenheit
- Patented organic AF42/66 pad friction material features a low level of metallic compounds that reduces rotor wear by up to 50%
- Produces low amount of brake dust
- Backing plate and side edges of brake pad are green powder coated for resistance to corrosion
- Pad surfaces have chamfered edges to reduce contact against rotor lip that forms over time and causes squealing
- Center gap allows for proper heat expansion of brake pads
- Built in noise-reducing shims
- Patented Brake-In™ red pad surface coating provides better grip during the first 100 miles after new pads are installed
- Patented Brake-In™ red pad surface coating scours off any existing glaze or heat spots from brake rotor surface for more even surface mating
- Rotors: RK041 (2 per Pack)
- Pads: DP2116 (4 per Pack)
- Perfect for non-aggressive driving
- Ensure quiet operation
- Offer low dust and long pad life
- More resistant to warping or cracking
Why pay dealership prices that are marked up 100% when you can purchase EBC high-quality RK Series Premium OE Replacement rotors for less? Unlike cheaper, inferior replacement rotors that may look identical to original equipment, EBC builds these to match original factory dimensions and machines them to extremely tight tolerances. But they did not stop there. EBC has applied their engineering expertise to create an iron compound that exceeds the quality of most original material blends, so these rotors actually improve on factory levels of heat buildup, brake noise, vibration, and wear. A higher percentage of carbon and silicone is present which leads to the formation of graphite during the curing process. When graphite is present, the rotor itself takes on qualities of a denser, softer material. Heat is more evenly dispersed to reduce warping, cracks are less likely, and vibration-related noise is greatly reduced. RK Series Premium OE Replacement Rotor Kit is anodized for corrosion resistance, and rotors should be fully ready for performance driving after a 500 mile break-in period.
The world-renowned brake experts at EBC have developed over a dozen variations of performance brake components, and each one is crafted to provide a superior level of grip, wear, and performance for uniquely different vehicle sizes, weights, and applications. When the company engineers who created pads that can survive 1,800 degree temperature test runs turn their attention to creating equally impressive brake rotors, you will see rotors finely tuned to deliver impressive looks behind your wheel spokes and last run performance that’s as equally impressive as your first. If you’ve been let down by underperforming brake rotors that didn’t last as long as they should, RK Series Premium OE Replacement Rotor kit is designed for the long run. If installed at the same time as a new set of EBC long life brake pads, it’s not uncommon for these rotors to last the length of the first set with more than enough life to be used with a second set. All EBC brake rotors are cast to a high metal strength rating of 150 newton meters and are precision CNC machined to be within tolerances of less than 0.05 millimeters. RK Series Premium OE Replacement Rotor Kit is the result of relentless testing and refinement, and when better brake rotors are built it is EBC that will build them.
For less powerful vehicles that don’t usually travel at triple-digit velocity, EBC Greenstuff 2000 Series Sport replacement brake pads offer better braking power at real world driving speeds and are thus formulated to provide longer pad life instead of autobahn grip. Sized and fitted to match the exact tolerances of original equipment, these pads fit properly, wear evenly, and avoid rattling or squealing. A patented metallic aramid compound uses DuPont Kevlar and Twaron composites to minimize the amount of steel wool necessary, so these pads cause far less abrasive wear on rotors without compromising brake pad efficiency or longevity. In government R90 tests of replacement brake components, EBC pads have been shown to deliver equivalent performance, bedding, cold temperature operation, and speed sensitivity versus original manufacturer parts. EBC’s patented brake pad material also ensures the pads are soft enough to avoid brake squealing but not so soft that longevity becomes compromised. On some German vehicles, you may even see longer life with EBC pads than the original factory brake pads.
If you’re installing Greenstuff 2000 Series Sport Brake Pads with new brake rotors, you’ll find down the road when the time comes to replace the pads again, the rotors will still be usable enough to last through another set of brake pads. And if you’re installing EBC pads without replacing rotors, pre-chamfered pad edges will mate perfectly against the grooves and lips that normally form on the rotor surfaces, so the meat of the pad makes contact against the rotor center where it counts. These pads also feature a red top layer coating designed to scour glaze and hot spots off worn brake rotors during the break-in process. The coating also serves to provide a higher level of grip to counteract low friction levels that exist before bedding is complete. Built-in shims ensure any high-frequency vibration is absorbed rather than transferred as squealing noise, even under the most extreme weather conditions.
Founded and based in the United Kingdom, EBC Brakes® is a premiere producer of brake components for passenger cars, trucks, buses, motorcycles, ATVs, and even scooters. EBC brake pads and rotors are preferred by fleet operators of emergency vehicles, livery cabs, and by discerning racers all over the world for the effective grip, superior lifespan, resistance to heat buildup, and proper fit they deliver. From the company president down to every employee, EBC strongly believes that brake components that are truly superior must be constructed from the most effective materials and also offer the lowest environmental impact possible. Likewise, EBC will never put their name on any products that cut corners in development, quality control, or are manufactured using sweatshop working conditions where human rights are not valued. When you want the best, most responsible brake components that meet or exceed OEM specification without dealer OEM markup, EBC Brakes is the only name you need to know.