Chevy Chevelle 1969, Trimline Reversible Electric Fan by Flex-a-Lite®. Voltage: 12 Volt. The Trimline electric fans can be used as a primary fan or an auxiliary fan. They are economical fans that free up wasted horsepower and increase gas mileage when used as a primary fan by replacing the stock fan. When used as an auxiliary fan, these units will provide additional cooling in an engine prone to overheating.
- Can be used as a primary or an auxiliary fan
- Reversible design allows for use in pusher or puller applications
- Prevents your engine from overheating
- Provides increased horsepower and torque
- Allows for quicker cool downs
- Ensures excellent gas mileage
- Makes for better A/C output
- Extends water pump life
- Eliminates the parasitic drag of the stock belt-driven fan
- Made of durable glass reinforced nylon with full contact rubber seal
- Robust plastic blades
- Comes with a one-piece shroud
- Quieter than conventional belt-driven fans
- Utilizes OE mounting points for easy, no-drill installation
- Installation instructions with a wiring diagram included
- One-year warranty on materials and workmanship
- Proudly manufactured in the United States
As a rule, a car radiator is paired with a cooling fan that blows air through the radiator to perform one of the most crucial tasks, and it is to cool the engine. The fan increases the air mass that flows through the radiator core and thus prevents the engine heat from destroying the radiator itself, as well as seals, gaskets, hoses, etc. Belt-driven and electric fans are two general types of cooling fan systems. The latter type is more beneficial because it doesn’t rob so much horsepower from the engine.
The Flex-a-lite Electric Fan is a great way to get back the horsepower and torque that your stock fan takes away. If you’re the one who drives a ton of miles every month, you know that fuel is an issue. The Flex-a-lite electric fan will help you optimize gas mileage as well. And you probably guess that by running cooler, your engine benefits from an extended lifespan and much quieter operation when compared to conventional belt-driven units.
Replacing your leaky or non-functioning fan with the Flex-a-lite unit is that easy. Meticulously crafted by the Flex-a-lite experts, the part bolts right in place of your factory power-robbing blades. After a hassle-free installation, you’ll enjoy the many benefits for the years to come. Besides numerous significant advantages over your OEM fan as well as those average no-name versions, the Flex-a-lite Electric Fan is backed by an unbeatable one-year warranty that will give you the confidence you deserve.
Flex-a-lite® is a third-generation business that has been in the automotive industry for over half a century. In 1962, Eddy Davis, who was an Army Air Corps pilot in England during the Second World War, set up Flex-a-lite with the original ‘flex fan’ concept. The company is currently based in Fife, Washington, and run by Lisa Chissus, Eddy’s granddaughter. Lisa is the one who invented the now patented Flex-a-fit radiator sidetank design that provides superior heat transfer. Though Flex-a-lite continues to look for innovative performance cooling solutions, one thing that hasn't changed since the company's foundation is that all products are still engineered and manufactured in the USA, with American hands.