Chevy Caprice 5.0L / 5.3L / 5.4L / 5.7L 1969, LS Next GEN III Cast Iron Block by Dart®. This premium product is the best way to go for those looking for the highest quality replacement that offers supreme levels of quality, performance and reliability. Designed to provide a perfect fit for a hassle free installation, this reliable product can help you get your vehicle back on the road faster and easier.
Notes: This product is NOT legal for installation on vehicles required to meet CARB standards and/or registered in California and other states following CARB standards, including NY and ME.
|Deck Height: 9.240"|
|Engine Block Material: Cast iron|
|Engine Block Style: Stock/OEM standard deck|
|Finished Cylinder Bores: No|
|Main Bolt Style: 4-bolt|
|Main Cap Material: Steel|
|Main Journal Type: LS mains|
|Quantity: 1 Piece|
|Raised Cam Location: No|
|Rear Main Seal Style: 1 Piece|
- Dart’s LS Next block is cast in the USA with premium cast iron alloy
- Conventional style 4-bolt steel main caps with 7/16" bolts are used
- Full main webbing for maximum bottom end strength
- Cylinder barrels are extended by 0.375" at the bottom, providing greater piston support for all combinations
- 9.240" deck height is available which allows for a possible effective barrel length of 9.825" deck block
- Extra thick Siamese cylinder bores allow for large displacement capacity, and a max bore size of at least 4.200"
- A 5/8" thick full deck design with a 9.240" deck height
- Six head bolts per cylinder provide secure clamping for power adder applications
- Head bolts are upgraded to 7/16" for increased strength
- Blind head bolt holes don’t go through into the water jacket
- Provision for oil restrictors in the lifter valley
- Revised low restriction priority main oiling system
- Pro-Stock / Pro-Mod big block style stepped main oil galley
- An external oil filter must be used with stock or aftermarket oil pumps
- Dual starter mounts
- The water jacket on the #1 cylinder has been expanded for additional cooling capacity
- LSX style lifter bosses and dog bone provision are provided
- Engine Block
- Main Caps
- Main Cap Fasteners
Looking for quality performance engine parts, so you can blow away the competition? Rely on Dart®, the company that’s been leading the way in racing engine components for more than 30 years. Founded by Richard Maksin in 1981 in a two-car garage in Oak Park, Michigan, Dart has grown to become a leading manufacturer of aftermarket cylinder heads, intake manifolds and engine blocks. The company’s commitment to creating the industry’s best engine parts makes it the perfect choice for racers and performance enthusiasts. Dart does all research, development, machining and assembly in its own facilities in Troy, Melvindale and Warren, Michigan to give you the best in quality with any product you buy. Engineered with state-of-the-art CNC equipment and thoroughly inspected, nothing can beat Dart’s products in performance and durability. Stay on the winning track with championship-winning Dart engine components!