Chevy Suburban RWD with 5 Lug Wheels 1964-1966, Street Performance Drilled and Slotted Rotor Brake Kit by Wilwood®. The rotors are black coated. The image displays the brake rotors after bedding in. With this kit, you will significantly improve your braking performance. Suitable for all types of custom show and high performance street/strip vehicles this kit is a perfect compliment to wheel, tire, and suspension upgrades. Rotors feature cross drill and slot pattern to provide better outgassing and increased cooling capacity. Caliper eye-catching finishes allow for personalizing your vehicle's style.
|Caliper Construction: Fixed|
|Caliper Body Material: Aluminum|
|Driving Style: Performance / Racing|
|Pad Compound: BP-10|
|Piston Material: Stainless|
|Rotor Style: Drilled & Slotted|
|Rotor Type: Vented|
|Rotor Finish: Black Electro Coat|
|Rotor Series: SRP|
- Includes: Brake Rotors, Calipers, Brake Pads, Installation Hardware
- Cross-Drill and face slot pattern
- Corrosion resistance coating
- Precision machined rotors to less than 0.001 tolerance for overall flatness
- Ensures maximum braking efficiency
- Smoother engagement feel at the pedal and consistent response from pads
- Suitable for high performance street/track racing and everyday use
- Drilled and slotted rotors provide increased cooling capacity and better outgassing
- Rotors are cast from carbon iron
- Rotors ensure thermal stability and resistance to distortion
- Long wear rate for sustained high heat braking
- Proudly manufactured in the United States
- Slots provide gas and water dissipation
- Slots help to increase pad bite and improve air circulation
- Drilled Holes and Slots create an escape route for debris, dust, gases, and water
- Slots clean and de-glaze pad surface for optimum pad coefficient of friction
- Drilled rotors improve the appearance of your wheels and provide reduced rotor weight
- 2-Piece rotors offer great weight savings and provide rapid heat dissipation compared to 1-piece rotors
- Vented type of rotors offer much faster heat dissipation
- Multi-piston calipers provide clamping force on both sides of the rotor at the same time and uniformly transfer braking force to the brake pads
- Caliper pistons are hollow to save weight
- Aluminum caliper body allows for exceptional light weight (up to 40% of weight savings) and ensures superior corrosion resistance
- Caliper heat-resistant coating prevent cracking and fading
- Fixed calipers create friction from the brake pads on both sides of the rotor at minimum time interval
This Street Performance Drilled and Slotted Brake Kit provides increased levels of strong braking. The complete package includes drilled and slotted rotors, premium brake pads and calipers representing the latest racing technology. The calipers are available in various finishes to reflect your individual style. Originally used for serious competitions because of their advanced cooling capacity, drilled and slotted rotors now became popular in street applications for their pure aesthetic value. Whether you have a daily driver or something ready for the show, this Street Performance Drilled and Slotted Brake Kit is what you need to get optimized braking performance.
Fixed calipers by Wilwood offer unmatched stopping power. The pistons in fixed calipers are located on both sides of the disc, allowing for evenly distributed clamping force. They apply more squeezing power and apply it more evenly during braking as force is directly applied to both sides. Multi-piston calipers allow for more even braking and, as a result, less pad distortion. The more number of pistons a caliper has, the more clamping force it provides. Thanks to the evenly distributed pressure, these calipers ensure an even wear pattern along the entire length of the brake pad. Usually these calipers have smaller diameter pistons than single-piston calipers.
The internal vane design of these vented rotors by Wilwood provides excellent heat dissipation during brake cycles. As the wheel spins, the vanes around the edge of the rotor draw air in and pull it through to help cool the rotor. With the extra heat dissipated there will be less brake fade. This rotor design by Wilwood combines the best features of a slotted rotor and cross-drilled rotor allowing your brakes to run cooler and sweep away water and dust. The cross-drilled and slotted rotors improve air circulation and increase brake pad bite, ensuring incredible stopping performance.
Wilwood® Engineering designs and manufactures high-performance disc brake systems. Since founding in 1977, Wilwood has developed a substantial matrix of brake components and engineering techniques that allow us to quickly and reliably create brake systems for almost any application. Their core ability is the rapid development of custom engineered brake systems using a combination of off-the-shelf and custom components. In addition to designing and manufacturing brakes for all types of competitive motor sports, Wilwood also manufactures brake systems and components for agricultural equipment, industrial applications, utility vehicles, snowmobiles, quads, motorcycles and military vehicles.