Chevy 3200 4.3L Standard Transmission 1955-1956, Button Flywheel by Tilton®. With Neutral Balance and 0.100" Step for Clutch’s Friction Surface. Designed to serve as the clutch’s friction surface when used in conjunction with a flexplate.
- Engineered using Finite Element Analysis (FEA) to ensure that strength and inertia are fully optimized
- Machined from high quality preheat-treated billet steel alloy for maximum strength, heat capacity and low inertia
- Integrally cut ring gear for high reliability and inertia reduction
- Precision machined to tight tolerances for smooth engine operation and proper fitment
- Surface heat-treated after machining for maximum durability of the ring gear and clutch friction surface
- Quality assurance by CMM inspection
Tilton has been in the flywheel market since 1973, when Mac Tilton began manufacturing them using lightweight aluminum. As technology in racing advanced and the demand for stronger and lower inertia flywheels grew, Tilton began machining flywheels from billet steel. Today, Tilton flywheels are subjected to some of the most grueling racing conditions. They can be found on NASCAR Cup engines, Grand-Am DP cars competing in the 24 Hours of Daytona and most other forms of racing.
Tilton has engineered thousands of flywheels for racing and high performance applications. Those listed are Titon most popular; Tilton also produces flywheels for many specialty and historic car applications on a custom basis. Contact Tilton for further information on ordering custom flywheels.
Whether you’re into some serious road or off-road racing or just want to unleash your racing spirit, Tilton® is the name you can trust. The company was established back in 1972 in El Segundo, California by McLane and Adelle Tilton who had the same mission as it’s today: to offer innovative racing parts at reasonable prices. The brand was the first to introduce carbon racing clutches, but it never rests on its laurels, bringing new products year after year. From metallic, cerametallic and carbon racing clutches to hydraulic release bearings, flywheels, master cylinders, pedal assemblies and more – if you’re looking to modify your vehicle for maximum power and performance, you can’t do better than with Tilton. All Tilton components are built using the latest CAD and FEA software to provide a great blend of quality and performance needed to win championships.