Ford F4 1948-1949, Drag Race Drilled Rotor Forged Dynalite Caliper Front Brake Kit by Wilwood®. This Brake kit will fit the Flex line kit # 220-8307. If you are a dedicated racer, this brake kit is what you need to get exceptional braking performance on the track. The kit use drilled rotors and yields high brake torque. They are engineered to the absolute minimum in rotating and unsprung weight, where all that is required is a single stop at the end of a drag run.
Notes: These products are designed to fit OE Factory Spindles.
Fitment notes: Fits Models with 14" wheels. Check wheel clearance diagram in kit installation instructions before purchase.
|Rotor Bolt Circle: 5x4.5"/4.75"|
|Caliper Construction: Fixed|
|Caliper Type: 4-Piston|
|Caliper Body Material: Aluminum|
|Caliper Mount Type: Lug|
|Caliper Type: Forged Dynalite (FDL)|
|Minimum Wheel Diameter Required: 381mm (15")|
|Driving Style: Performance / Racing, Track Only|
|Hub Bolt Circle 1: 5 x 4.5"|
|Hub Bolt Circle 2: 5 x 4.75"|
|Hub Mount Style: Direct / Adapter|
|Hub Stud Diameter: 1/2-20|
|Rotor Thickness: 9mm (0.35")|
|Outside Diameter: 273mm (10.75")|
|Spindle Type: Factory Drum Spindle|
|Pad Area: 6.36 in²|
|Pad Compound: BP-10|
|Pad Plate: 7112|
|Piston Material: Stainless|
|Rotor Construction: 2-Piece|
|Rotor Material: Steel|
|Rotor Style: Drilled|
|Rotor Type: Solid|
|Rotor Construction: With Hub|
|Rotor Finish: Black Oxide|
- Includes calipers, drilled steel rotors and brake pads
- Drilled rotors improve cooling capacity
- Steel rotors provide less weight and extra durability
- High-performance calipers provide excellent strength durability
- Designed for drag race vehicles
- Kits include all new hardware, wheel bearings, seals and extra length lug studs
- Not for street use
- Proudly manufactured in the United States
- Drilled Holes create an escape route for debris, dust, gases, and water
- Drilled rotors improve the appearance of your wheels and provide reduced rotor weight
- Steel rotors offer great weight savings
- Multi-piston calipers provide clamping force on both sides of the rotor at the same time and uniformly transfer braking force to the brake pads
- Caliper pistons are hollow to save weight
- Aluminum caliper body allows for exceptional light weight (up to 40% of weight savings) and ensures superior corrosion resistance
- Caliper heat-resistant coating prevent cracking and fading
- Fixed calipers create friction from the brake pads on both sides of the rotor at minimum time interval
Wilwood has put great efforts into developing a superior line of drag race brake components. Wilwood Drag Race brake kits have become a favorite choice for drag racers thanks to their extreme durability and outstanding stopping power. The Drag Race Drilled Brake Kit is engineered to match special requirements of drag racing. The package you get includes drilled rotors, reliable brake pads and calipers representing the latest racing technology.
Made from steel, drilled rotors are suitable for all types of motorsport, where every weight advantage is necessary. Those lightweight rotors will positively effect braking performance by reducing rotating mass and unsprung weight. A special alloy and proprietary manufacturing processes give these rotors high resistance to thermal distortion with excellent friction and wear characteristics against the pads.
Floating calipers by Wilwood aren't solidly mounted so they can slide left and right via pins and bushings on the bracket. When the brakes are applied, the piston pushes the entire caliper, creating friction from the brake pads on both sides of the rotor. The floating calipers are suitable for most vehicles since they are lighter, cheaper, and more compact than a fixed caliper. Multi-piston calipers allow for more even braking and, as a result, less pad distortion. The more number of pistons a caliper has, the more clamping force it provides. Thanks to the evenly distributed pressure, these calipers ensure an even wear pattern along the entire length of the brake pad. Usually these calipers have smaller diameter pistons than single-piston calipers. These rotors by Wilwood offer improved pad bite and higher friction level compared to other rotors. The cross-drilled pattern of these rotors allows for air ventilation while reducing pad surface temperature. Depending on size and drill pattern of the rotors, their weight can be reduced by about 0.2 pounds per rotor.
Wilwood® Engineering designs and manufactures high-performance disc brake systems. Since founding in 1977, Wilwood has developed a substantial matrix of brake components and engineering techniques that allow us to quickly and reliably create brake systems for almost any application. Their core ability is the rapid development of custom engineered brake systems using a combination of off-the-shelf and custom components. In addition to designing and manufacturing brakes for all types of competitive motor sports, Wilwood also manufactures brake systems and components for agricultural equipment, industrial applications, utility vehicles, snowmobiles, quads, motorcycles and military vehicles.