- Enables you to carry a lot of cargo on crossbars via your vehicle’s receiver hitch
- A roof rack system on wheels
- Comes with your choice of 66" or 78" Yakima round crossbars and crossmembers
- Crossbar spread can be adjusted up to 48"
- Carrying capacity: 250 lbs. with 66" crossbars and crossmembers and 300 lbs. with 78" crossbars and crossmembers
- Capacity can be increased to 350 lbs. on 78" trailers with optional heavy-duty shocks (sold separately)
- Works with Class I, II, & III receiver hitches
- Attaches to 2" ball
- Connects to standard flat-4 electrical connector
- Lightweight anodized 6063 aluminum construction
- Custom cast and polished aluminum wheels
- Trailer weight: 66" model weighs 150 lbs. empty and 78" model weighs 160 lbs. empty
- Long lasting LED trailer lights
- Shock absorbers provide 4" of independent wheel travel
- Stores easily in upright position with removable wheels and tongue
- Includes carrying handle to turn lightweight trailer into handcart
- Optional kickstand (sold separately) attaches to trailer tongue and keeps trailer level when unhitched
- Optional tongue extension kit (sold separately) adds 3 ft. to tongue to allow one 22 ft. boat or two 21 ft. boats to be carried
- Optional 40" safety pole (sold separately) can be attached to trailer to increase visibility, especially when backing up
- Optional 5-spoke spare wheel (sold separately) includes chrome hubcap and mounting hardware
- Optional 78" Crossmember kit (sold separately) converts 66" trailer to a 78" trailer; includes two 78" Yakima crossbars and two 78" crossmembers
- Comes with detailed assembly and user instructions
- Limited lifetime warranty
The Rack and Roll Trailer is like a roof rack system on wheels, only on steroids because you can haul much more gear and longer cargo than you could ever carry on a roof. The Rack and Roll is a lightweight aluminum trailer that supports 2 Yakima crossbars. It comes with 66" crossbars and crossmembers, or 78" crossbars and crossmembers. The crossbar spread can be adjusted on the trailer up to 48". The 66" trailer weighs in at 150 lbs. and can carry up to 250 lbs. of cargo. The 78" trailer weighs 160 lbs. and has a 300 lb. load capacity. The 66" trailer can carry up to 5 kayaks on their sides, up to 5 bikes, or various combinations of cargo boxes, kayaks, bikes, and canoes. The 78" trailer can carry up to 6 kayaks on their sides, up to 7 bikes, or various combinations of cargo boxes, kayaks, bikes, and canoes.
Class I, II, & III trailer hitches will all work with the Rack and Roll and the coupler comes ready to mount to a 2" ball. The electrical connector connects to a standard flat-4 connector from the vehicle. The Rack and Roll is constructed from lightweight 6063 aluminum that’s been anodized for durability. The wheel and tongue pins are stainless steel, most fasteners are yellow zinc plated steel, and the tongue coupler is zinc plated steel. The trailer is equipped with LED lights that are vibration resistant and will last years without requiring replacement. Shock absorbers provide 4" of independent wheel travel, providing trailer stability and protection for your gear. The custom 5-spoke 16" aluminum wheels are highly polished, and the included carrying handle instantly transforms your trailer into a handcart. When not in use, the trailer can be easily stored in the upright position with the wheels and tongue removed.
A long list of optional accessories is available for the Rack and Roll. Foremost is a set of heavy-duty shock absorbers that will increase the capacity of the 78" trailer to 350 lbs., however these should not be used on the 66" trailer. The optional tongue extension kit adds 3 ft. to the tongue of the trailer, enabling it to carry up to a single 22 ft. boat or two 21 ft. boats, depending on the vehicle hitch and boat positions. An optional kickstand can be attached to the tongue to keep the trailer level when disconnected from the vehicle, and an optional 40" tall bright yellow fiberglass safety pole can be attached to the trailer to make it more visible, and is especially useful for backing up. To be prepared for the inevitable road hazards, a 5-spoke spare wheel is available, which includes a chrome hubcap and mounting hardware. Finally, a 78" crossmember kit is available to upgrade a 66" trailer, and includes two 78" crossmembers and two 78" Yakima crossbars. 78" crossbars without the attendant crossmembers should never be mounted on the 66" trailer for safety reasons. The Rack and Roll Trailer comes with comprehensive, illustrated assembly and user instructions and it’s backed by a limited lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.2,149.00 2,299.00
Brand: Yakima Part Numbers:
Yakima® Products, of Beaverton, Oregon is one of the world's largest manufacturers of cargo and recreational equipment carrying solutions. Founded 40 years ago in its namesake city, Yakima's guiding principle is that gear should be carried on the outside of the vehicle to make room for more friends inside. To achieve that goal the company makes roof rack systems for any style roof, and an array of roof rack, receiver hitch, trunk lid and hatch, and trailer mounted carriers. Yakima's designers and engineers are outdoor enthusiasts, campers, and travelers just like you, and they listen and learn what other enthusiasts need and want while participating in those activities. The combination of their own personal experience with that of other enthusiasts enables them to create the finest carriers and accessories for bicycles, watercraft, skis & snowboards, and cargo & camping. Yakima products are manufactured using the highest quality materials and the best engineering practices, and Yakima is so confident that you'll be completely satisfied with your purchase that they're backed by a "Love It Till You Leave It" lifetime warranty.
Product Reviews (0)
Product Reviews (0)