Universal DoubleDown Ace Hitch Bike Rack by Yakima®. Available in 2-bike, 4-bike and 5-bike options; fits 1-1/4" and 2" receivers. A mast-style hitch bike mount is easy to install, easy to load, and easy to move out of the way when you need access to the rear of your vehicle, and the Yakima DoubleDown Ace is the embodiment of these features and much more. The rack arms include anti-sway cradles to ease loading and prevent bike-to-bike contact, and the rack arms can be folded down when unloaded with the press of a button. The rack can be tilted back when unloaded for vehicle access.
- According to model, transports up to 2 bikes, up to 4 bikes, or up to 5 bikes safely and securely on your vehicle’s receiver hitch
- Fast and easy installation and loading
- 2-bike DoubleDown Ace maximum load capacity: 90 lbs.
- 4-bike DoubleDown Ace maximum load capacity: 120 lbs.
- 5-bike DoubleDown Ace maximum load capacity: 125 lbs.
- Attaches to 1-1/4" and 2" receiver hitches with tool-free locking SpeedKnob; lock core and key included
- Anti-sway cradles ease bike loading and prevent bike-to-bike contact
- Optional Yakima ArmLock security cable enables bikes to be locked to rack; stows in rack arm when not in use
- Optional Yakima TubeTop enables bikes with non-standard frames to be carried
- Rack arms can be folded down when unloaded with the press of a button
- When unloaded, rack tilts back for vehicle access
- Comes with detailed installation and bike mounting instructions
- Limited lifetime warranty
When you don't feel like hoisting bikes onto your roof and you've got multiple bikes to carry, and if you don't have time to hassle with a time consuming rack installation, there's really no beating a mast-style hitch bike mount. The DoubleDown Ace Hitch Bike Rack fits both 1-1/4" and 2" hitches and it's secured with the unique tool-free locking SpeedKnob. Just install the rack tongue into the receiver until the holes are aligned, then install the safety pin through the receiver and tongue. Tighten the knob until there is no play between the receiver and tongue and lock the knob with your key. Installation is not only quick and easy, but the rack is also locked to the vehicle in the process.
Bike loading is just as easy. Raise the rack arms into position and load the bikes onto the cradles. The cradles slide on the bar to ease loading. Secure the bikes with the sturdy rubber straps. The cradle's anti-sway feature will keep the bikes stable while driving to prevent bike-to-bike contact and potential damage. The Yakima TubeTop (sold separately) simulates a horizontal top frame tube and can be used to mount kids', girls', and non-standard bike frames. The Yakima ArmLock cable lock (sold separately) can be used to lock the outside bike to the rack, and when not in use it stows in the rack arm for storage.
When the rack is unloaded, the rack arms can be folded down to increase clearance at the rear of the vehicle and ease parking and garaging. When unloaded, the rack can also be tilted back to gain access to the rear of the vehicle. The rack arms even have integrated bottle openers for your post ride celebratory beverage! The DoubleDown Ace comes with comprehensive, illustrated instructions and it's backed by a limited lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.
Yakima® Products, of Beaverton, Oregon is one of the world's largest manufacturers of cargo and recreational equipment carrying solutions. Founded 40 years ago in its namesake city, Yakima's guiding principle is that gear should be carried on the outside of the vehicle to make room for more friends inside. To achieve that goal the company makes roof rack systems for any style roof, and an array of roof rack, receiver hitch, trunk lid and hatch, and trailer mounted carriers. Yakima's designers and engineers are outdoor enthusiasts, campers, and travelers just like you, and they listen and learn what other enthusiasts need and want while participating in those activities. The combination of their own personal experience with that of other enthusiasts enables them to create the finest carriers and accessories for bicycles, watercraft, skis & snowboards, and cargo & camping. Yakima products are manufactured using the highest quality materials and the best engineering practices, and Yakima is so confident that you'll be completely satisfied with your purchase that they're backed by a "Love It Till You Leave It" lifetime warranty.