- Enables quick release bicycle wheel to be carried on roof rack cross bar
- Fits 20"-29" diameter wheels with 0.354" (9mm) axles and 3.937" (100mm) dropout spacing
- Ideal companion accessory for fork mount bike rack
- Creates free space in vehicle interior that would otherwise be taken up by wheel
- Keeps vehicle cabin clean by not exposing interior surfaces to grease and dirt from wheel
- Mounts to round and square bars
- Can be used with Yakima MightyMount to install on factory and aero cross bars
- Comes with anti-spin pad to prevent wheel spin and preserve wheel bearings
- Includes secondary retention tabs to prevent wheel from ejecting from carrier if quick release comes loose
- Can be locked to cross bar with Yakima SKS Accessory Lock Housing and lock core (sold separately)
- Comes with hardware and instructions
- Limited lifetime warranty
A fork mount bike carrier is one of the most stable ways to transport a bike, and since it doesn't touch the frame there's no chance of damaging the paint. Plus, a bike is lighter and easier to lift with the front wheel removed. But as great as a fork mount carrier may be, you still have to transport that front wheel or you won't be doing much riding when you reach your destination. Carrying the wheel inside your vehicle takes up room that could be used for cargo or passengers, and you run the risk of getting carpet or upholstery stained with dirt or grease from the wheel. The Yakima Wheel Fork is a better way, allowing you to transport the front wheel on the roof along with your bike.
The Wheel Fork can carry quick release wheels from 20" to 29" in diameter, with 0.354" (9mm) axles and 3.937" (100mm) dropout spacing. It comes with an anti-spin pad to prevent the wheel from needlessly spinning and wearing out the wheel bearings prematurely, and secondary retention tabs to prevent the wheel from ejecting from the fork if the quick release comes loose. The Wheel Fork comes ready to install on round and square cross bars, but if you have factory or aero bars the fork can be mounted to a Yakima MightyMount. To prevent theft, the Wheel Fork can be locked to the cross bar with the Yakima SKS Accessory Lock Housing and lock core (sold separately).
Comprehensive, illustrated installation and user instructions are included with the Wheel Fork, which is covered by a limited lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.40.00Brand: Yakima Part Number: 8002067 UPC: 736745020675
Yakima® Products, of Beaverton, Oregon is one of the world's largest manufacturers of cargo and recreational equipment carrying solutions. Founded 40 years ago in its namesake city, Yakima's guiding principle is that gear should be carried on the outside of the vehicle to make room for more friends inside. To achieve that goal the company makes roof rack systems for any style roof, and an array of roof rack, receiver hitch, trunk lid and hatch, and trailer mounted carriers. Yakima's designers and engineers are outdoor enthusiasts, campers, and travelers just like you, and they listen and learn what other enthusiasts need and want while participating in those activities. The combination of their own personal experience with that of other enthusiasts enables them to create the finest carriers and accessories for bicycles, watercraft, skis & snowboards, and cargo & camping. Yakima products are manufactured using the highest quality materials and the best engineering practices, and Yakima is so confident that you'll be completely satisfied with your purchase that they're backed by a "Love It Till You Leave It" lifetime warranty.
Vehicle Fitment This part is universal
Year Make Model Fitment Note ALL ALL ALL This part is universal
Product Reviews (0)
Product Reviews (0)