Mako Saddles Kayak Rack by Yakima®. If you like transporting your kayak on the hull and loading it from the rear of the vehicle, you can't do better than Yakima's Mako Saddles. With amply sized pads to support the hull and Dynaflex grips to hold the boat securely in place when the straps are tightened, these saddles will provide you with easy loading and a stable ride for your boat. Sold in sets of 2 with 1 heavy-duty tie-down strap and 1 bow/stern tie-down, pair these Mako Saddles with another set of Mako Saddles or with Yakima HullyRollers for the ultimate boat loading system. The standard Mako Saddles come ready to install on round and square crossbars, but if you have factory crossbars opt for the Mako Aero Saddles, which include universal hardware to fit virtually all crossbar shapes.
- Provides easy loading and ample hull support for secure, stable, kayak transport on your roof rack
- Generously sized pads protect the hull
- Dynaflex grips provide a snug grip on the hull when tie-down straps are tightened
- Sold 2 saddles per package; for complete boat support must be used with another set of Mako Saddles or Yakima HullyRollers
- Comes with 1 heavy-duty tie-down strap and 1 bow/stern tie-down
- Mako Saddles mount to round and square roof rack crossbars
- Mako Aero Saddles mount to round, square, factory, or aero crossbars
- Mako Aero Saddles optimized for aero bars
- Includes felt pads which can be applied to saddle pads for additional hull protection on gel-coated composite hulls
- Felt pads also allow boat to slide easier
- Mako Aero Saddles can be locked with SKS (Same Key System) lock cores and keys (sold separately)
- Comes with detailed instructions
- Limited lifetime warranty
A saddle-type kayak carrier provides the best protection for high-end flatwater boats. The substantial pads on the Mako saddles will give your kayak a stable, supportive ride, and when you tighten the tie-down straps, the center Dynaflex pad will tenaciously grip the hull for the ultimate in secure transport. Felt pads are also included, which can be attached to the pads for even more hull protection, and these are recommended for gel-coated composite hulls. The pads will also let your boat slide more easily onto the cradles.
Mako saddles are sold in pairs and include 1 tie-down strap to secure the boat to the cradles, and 1 bow/stern tie-down, to secure one end of the boat to the vehicle. For complete support you have the option of pairing the saddles with another pair of Makos or to pair them with a set of Yakima HullyRollers, which make loading even the heaviest kayak painless.
Two versions of Mako Saddles are available, a standard model that comes ready to mount to round and square crossbars, and the Mako Aero Saddles, which include universal hardware, enabling them to fit factory crossbars as well as round, square and aero bars. The Mako Aero is optimized for aerodynamic bars, and the saddles can also be locked to the crossbars with SKS lock cores and keys (sold separately).
Comprehensive, illustrated installation and user instructions are included with the Mako Saddles, and they're covered by a limited lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.
Yakima® Products, of Beaverton, Oregon is one of the world's largest manufacturers of cargo and recreational equipment carrying solutions. Founded 40 years ago in its namesake city, Yakima's guiding principle is that gear should be carried on the outside of the vehicle to make room for more friends inside. To achieve that goal the company makes roof rack systems for any style roof, and an array of roof rack, receiver hitch, trunk lid and hatch, and trailer mounted carriers. Yakima's designers and engineers are outdoor enthusiasts, campers, and travelers just like you, and they listen and learn what other enthusiasts need and want while participating in those activities. The combination of their own personal experience with that of other enthusiasts enables them to create the finest carriers and accessories for bicycles, watercraft, skis & snowboards, and cargo & camping. Yakima products are manufactured using the highest quality materials and the best engineering practices, and Yakima is so confident that you'll be completely satisfied with your purchase that they're backed by a "Love It Till You Leave It" lifetime warranty.