- Model available to fit 1-1/4" receivers
- Transports up to 2 bikes safely and securely on your vehicle’s receiver hitch
- Maybe the easiest and fastest to load bike rack made
- Requires the least amount of lifting
- Fits more bike styles than any other rack
- Maximum load capacity: 60 lbs. per bike
- Maximum load capacity with HoldUp +2 installed: 200 lbs.
- Just place the bike in the wheel trays and compress the ratcheting arm against the front tire
- Rear wheel is retained with ratcheting wheel strap
- StrongArm ratcheting hook fits wheels up to 29" and includes integral cable lock; lock core and key included
- Tray bracket adjusts side-to-side to reduce bike-to-bike interference
- Zero contact with bike frame; ideal for carbon road bikes
- Accommodates disc brakes, thru axles, and full suspension bikes
- Includes locking, threaded, receiver hitch bolt; lock core and key included
- Can be tilted down with bikes loaded for access to rear of vehicle
- Folds up behind vehicle when not in use
- Includes bottle opener on mast end cap
- HoldUp +2 includes StrongArm ratcheting arms and adjustable wheel trays
- Comes with hardware and assembly and installation instructions
- Limited lifetime warranty
If you're looking for a multi-bike carrier that's the easiest and fastest to load, then you need a tray-style hitch mount. The tray-style transports the bikes closer to the ground than any other carrier type, so loading requires the least amount of lifting. And because the bikes are transported on the wheels, a tray-style carrier can carry a wide range of bike styles. The Yakima HoldUp is the elite tray-style hitch mount because it may be the easiest and fastest to load of all. Just place the bike wheels in the wheel trays and push the StrongArm ratcheting wheel hook down against the front tire; wrap the ratcheting wheel strap around the rear tire and tighten, and you're ready to go! Unloading is just as simple: Push the red button and pull free the rear wheel strap, push the red button on the StrongArm hook and raise the hook from the tire, then remove the bike.
The rear wheel tray pivots on the wheel tray bracket to accommodate different length bikes, and since the bike is secured by the front tire, with no frame contact, the widest variety of bikes can be carried regardless of frame type or materials. The HoldUp accommodates carbon road bikes as well as disc brakes, thru axles, and full suspension bikes. To make it easier to carry 2 bikes, the wheel tray brackets are adjustable side-to-side, to reduce bike-to-bike interference. The StrongArm includes an integral cable that can be wrapped around the bike to lock the bike to the carrier; lock and key included.
The HoldUp is available in models to fit 1-1/4" receiver hitches, and it comes with a threaded hitch bolt to reduce rattle and sway. A lock and key are included to lock the hitch bolt to the vehicle and prevent theft of the rack. If access to the rear of the vehicle is needed the rack can be tilted down, even with the bikes installed, and when empty, the rack can be folded up behind the vehicle to increase clearance for parking and garaging.449.00Brand: Yakima Part Number: 8002445 UPC: 736745024451
Yakima® Products, of Beaverton, Oregon is one of the world's largest manufacturers of cargo and recreational equipment carrying solutions. Founded 40 years ago in its namesake city, Yakima's guiding principle is that gear should be carried on the outside of the vehicle to make room for more friends inside. To achieve that goal the company makes roof rack systems for any style roof, and an array of roof rack, receiver hitch, trunk lid and hatch, and trailer mounted carriers. Yakima's designers and engineers are outdoor enthusiasts, campers, and travelers just like you, and they listen and learn what other enthusiasts need and want while participating in those activities. The combination of their own personal experience with that of other enthusiasts enables them to create the finest carriers and accessories for bicycles, watercraft, skis & snowboards, and cargo & camping. Yakima products are manufactured using the highest quality materials and the best engineering practices, and Yakima is so confident that you'll be completely satisfied with your purchase that they're backed by a "Love It Till You Leave It" lifetime warranty.
Product Reviews (0)
Product Reviews (0)
You will never pay more with CARiD! Not only will we match prices from any competitor's website or other reputable source, we will continue to honor that promise for up to one year after your purchase.
We'll match the price at time of purchase, or refund you the difference if done after the purchase. Either way, we are totally committed to providing you the best online shopping experience.
We're car and truck enthusiasts, just like you! And it's enthusiasts we hire in our Sales and Service Centers. Many of our staff are ASE certified and have spent years in the retail auto business.
We conduct our own in-house training, and we even bring vendors to us for hands-on product training demonstrations. You're getting true expertise when you phone or email us!
With hundreds of vendors, and tens of thousands of components for sale, we put tremendous effort into coordinating our data with our vendors' data in order to guarantee that you get the correct part.
Our huge database is regularly cross-checked to keep it current and optimized. At times, our thoroughness makes our data even more accurate than our suppliers! This rigorous process means that you can always order with confidence.