Universal HoldUp Hitch Bike Rack by Yakima®. Carries 2 bikes and comes in versions for 1-1/4" receivers and 2" receivers. A tray-style hitch mount is easier and faster to load than other types of bike carriers, and Yakima combined this advantage with many other useful features to create the premium HoldUp Hitch Bike Rack. The StrongArm™ ratcheting hook secures the bike by the wheel, so there’s zero frame contact, and it accommodates wheels up to 29", as well as disc brakes, thru axles, and full suspensions. The wheel tray brackets adjust side-to-side to reduce bike interference, and the rack can be tilted down with the bikes loaded for access to the rear of the vehicle. The HoldUp +2 can be added to the latter to carry an additional 2 bikes. The rack can be locked to the vehicle and the bikes locked to the rack with included lock cores and keys, and it can be folded up behind the vehicle when not in use.
- Transports up to 2 bikes safely and securely on your vehicle’s receiver hitch
- HoldUp +2 two-bike add-on available for 2" receiver hitch models
- Maybe the easiest and fastest to load bike rack made
- Requires the least amount of lifting
- Fits more bike styles than any other rack
- Maximum load capacity: 60 lbs. per bike
- Maximum load capacity with HoldUp +2 installed: 200 lbs.
- Just place the bike in the wheel trays and compress the ratcheting arm against the front tire
- Rear wheel is retained with ratcheting wheel strap
- StrongArm ratcheting hook fits wheels up to 29" and includes integral cable lock; lock core and key included
- Tray bracket adjusts side-to-side to reduce bike-to-bike interference
- Zero contact with bike frame; ideal for carbon road bikes
- Accommodates disc brakes, thru axles, and full suspension bikes
- Models available to fit 1-1/4" and 2" receivers
- Includes locking, threaded, receiver hitch bolt; lock core and key included
- Can be tilted down with bikes loaded for access to rear of vehicle
- Folds up behind vehicle when not in use
- Includes bottle opener on mast end cap
- HoldUp +2 includes StrongArm ratcheting arms and adjustable wheel trays
- Comes with hardware and assembly and installation instructions
- Limited lifetime warranty
If you're looking for a multi-bike carrier that's the easiest and fastest to load, then you need a tray-style hitch mount. The tray-style transports the bikes closer to the ground than any other carrier type, so loading requires the least amount of lifting. And because the bikes are transported on the wheels, a tray-style carrier can carry a wide range of bike styles. The Yakima HoldUp is the elite tray-style hitch mount because it may be the easiest and fastest to load of all. Just place the bike wheels in the wheel trays and push the StrongArm ratcheting wheel hook down against the front tire; wrap the ratcheting wheel strap around the rear tire and tighten, and you're ready to go! Unloading is just as simple: Push the red button and pull free the rear wheel strap, push the red button on the StrongArm hook and raise the hook from the tire, then remove the bike.
The rear wheel tray pivots on the wheel tray bracket to accommodate different length bikes, and since the bike is secured by the front tire, with no frame contact, the widest variety of bikes can be carried regardless of frame type or materials. The HoldUp accommodates carbon road bikes as well as disc brakes, thru axles, and full suspension bikes. To make it easier to carry 2 bikes, the wheel tray brackets are adjustable side-to-side, to reduce bike-to-bike interference. The StrongArm includes an integral cable that can be wrapped around the bike to lock the bike to the carrier; lock and key included.
The HoldUp is available in models to fit 1-1/4" and 2" receiver hitches, and it comes with a threaded hitch bolt to reduce rattle and sway. A lock and key are included to lock the hitch bolt to the vehicle and prevent theft of the rack. If access to the rear of the vehicle is needed the rack can be tilted down, even with the bikes installed, and when empty, the rack can be folded up behind the vehicle to increase clearance for parking and garaging.
To increase your carrying capacity to up to 4 bikes, the HoldUp +2 two-bike add-on is available for models that fit 2" receivers. It includes the same StrongArm ratcheting hooks and the wheel tray brackets are also adjustable. Maximum load capacity for HoldUp 2 bike carrier is 60 lbs. per bike. When HoldUp +2 is added, maximum load capacity for 4 bikes should not exceed 200 lbs. Both the HoldUp and the HoldUp +2 come with comprehensive, illustrated instructions, and they're backed by a limited lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.449.00
Brand: Yakima Part Numbers:
Yakima® Products, of Beaverton, Oregon is one of the world's largest manufacturers of cargo and recreational equipment carrying solutions. Founded 40 years ago in its namesake city, Yakima's guiding principle is that gear should be carried on the outside of the vehicle to make room for more friends inside. To achieve that goal the company makes roof rack systems for any style roof, and an array of roof rack, receiver hitch, trunk lid and hatch, and trailer mounted carriers. Yakima's designers and engineers are outdoor enthusiasts, campers, and travelers just like you, and they listen and learn what other enthusiasts need and want while participating in those activities. The combination of their own personal experience with that of other enthusiasts enables them to create the finest carriers and accessories for bicycles, watercraft, skis & snowboards, and cargo & camping. Yakima products are manufactured using the highest quality materials and the best engineering practices, and Yakima is so confident that you'll be completely satisfied with your purchase that they're backed by a "Love It Till You Leave It" lifetime warranty.
Product Reviews (0)
Product Reviews (0)