Universal 8000 lbs M8274-50 Self-Recovery Electric Winch by Warn®. Perhaps the most well-known winch in the WARN catalog, the original M8274 debuted in 1974, and subsequent variations have remained in the lineup because of the winches’ unique combination of 8000 lb. pulling power, super-fast 79.3’ per minute (65’ per minute with 24V motor) no-load line speed, and extra-long 150’ of 5/16” diameter wire rope. The M8274-50’s distinctive structure houses a powerful series wound electric motor, rugged spur gear drivetrain, automatic disc braking system, freespooling clutch, and wire rope. It comes with a remote control with 12’ lead, battery cables, roller fairlead, and detailed installation and user instructions. The M8274-50 is available for both 12V and 24V electrical systems.
- A lot of pulling power with amazing no-load retrieval speed
- WARN’s fastest winch; the choice for off-road competitions where speed matters
- Powerful series wound electric motor
- Rugged spur gear drivetrain and unique upright design
- Automatic disc braking system delivers smooth operation with superior heat dissipation
- Includes 150’ of 5/16” diameter wire rope and roller fairlead for one of the longest line capacities available
- Includes remote control with 12’ lead and battery cables
- Available for 12V and 24V applications
- 12V motor rated at 4.6 hp, 24V motor has 2.5 hp
- 12V winch line speed: 79.3’ per minute under no load at 49 amps, and 8.7’ per minute at 8000 lbs. max. load at 480 amps
- 24V winch line speed: 65’ per minute under lo load at 24 amps, and 7.9’ per minute at 8000 lbs. max. load at 273 amps
- Chip resistant powdercoated finish with clear coat
- Dimensions: 16.5”L x 8.5”D x 15”H
- Weight: 110 lbs.
- Comes with detailed installation and user instructions
- Limited lifetime warranty on mechanical parts
- Limited 1-year warranty on electrical components
M8274-50: the M stands for model, 8 is for the 8000 lb. capacity, 2 stands for 2-way (freespool and power-in), 74 is the year the winch was introduced, and the 50 was added in 1998 to celebrate the company’s 50th anniversary. Now you may ask yourself in this era of the latest and the greatest, how could a winch introduced in 1974, and only receiving some minor cosmetic revisions and electrical upgrades since then, remain in WARN’s lineup? When you see how this winch performs and its outstanding record of reliability, you won’t winder why it’s been virtually unchanged and still in demand.
The M8274-50 has a unique upright configuration. It houses a powerful series wound electric motor, but unlike most of WARN’s other winches it has a rugged spur gear drivetrain, which helps to account for its fast 79.3’ per minute (65’ per minute with 24V motor) no-load retrieval speed. This winch is a favorite of off-roaders who compete and don’t have time to waste. The M8274-50 will retrieve your wire rope in no time, and if you’re winching and powering your way out of a jam, you won’t have to worry about overrunning your line. This winch also has longer line capacity than most winches and comes loaded with 150’ of strong 5/16” diameter wire rope. The automatic disc braking system has more friction surface for superior grip, and it delivers smooth operation with superior heat dissipation.
Available in both 12V and 24V versions, the M8274-50 comes with a 12V motor rated at 4.6 hp, or a 24V motor that has 2.5 hp. 12V winch line speed is 79.3’ per minute under no load at 49 amps, and 8.7’ per minute at 8000 lb. max. load at 480 amps. 24V winch line speed is 65’ per minute under no load at 24 amps and 7.9’ per minute at 8000 lb. max. load at 273 amps.
A remote control with 12’ lead, battery cables, a free spool clutch, roller fairlead, and comprehensive installation and user instructions are included with the M8274-50 winch. It’s backed by a limited lifetime warranty to the original purchaser against defects in materials and workmanship on mechanical parts, and a limited 1-year warranty to the original purchaser against defects in materials and workmanship on electrical components.1,899.99 2,176.10
Brand: WARN Part Numbers:
The company designs, manufactures and markets a full line of off-road equipment and accessories that enhance the performance of four-wheel-drive vehicles, ATV's and utility vehicles. The company's Industrial Division markets electric and hydraulic winches and hoists to commercial, industrial and severe duty customers. Warn also has a line of utility winches and hoists that are designed for professional trade workers and do-it-yourself consumers who need powerful tools to assist them in pulling, hauling, dragging or lifting. Warn focuses on three specific markets - Consumer Aftermarket, Industrial/Commercial, and Original Equipment. With customers in over 65 countries, WARN is one of the world's most recognized brands in vehicle performance enhancing equipment.
Product Reviews (0)
Product Reviews (0)