Imagine that you're driving down a narrow mountain road at night. Heavy fog lays over the road, and you hardly can see something in front of your Touareg. Suddenly, you notice a figure ahead, you turn on high beams, but they reflect off the fog, creating a white-wall effect. You desperately try to drive through the fog, but when you start to see the deer up ahead a bit better, you have no time to react, and hit the poor animal. Unfortunately, situations like this are common occurrences when people drive in woodland areas, without fog lights installed. If you care about the safety of your passengers and animals on the road, it would be wise to invest in the Volkswagen Touareg fog lights sold at CARiD.com, because they can significantly improve your driving experience and reduce the possibility of fog-related collisions.
Fog lights are engineered to produce strong beams of light to shine through the fog, effectively illuminating the road, and at the same time, to help the oncoming drivers avoid glare that is often caused by headlights. We carry a full lineup of different options to suit even the most diverse tastes. All fog lights from our inventory are certified by SAE and DOT, and are fully approved for use, as long as the situation calls for them. We only cooperate with the most reputed companies in the industry. Thus, high quality, long-lasting durability, and precise fit of each product are guaranteed.
- Spec-D® Projector Fog LightsProjector Fog Lights by Spec-D®. Projector fog lights are designed to cut through the scotch mist. These lights will add custom style to your vehicle in addition to hot looks.Direct bolt-on replacement - These lights are designed to directly replace your factory ones, most sets come with the easy-to-follow installation instructions. However, if you have no experience in auto repair, professional installation is highly recommendedAffordable - Unlike most OEM replacement parts, Spec-D Projector Fog Lights are available at a competitive price. In other words, you pay less and get more buying this Spec-D product$41.62 - $103.46
- Replace® Factory Fog LightsFactory Fog Lights by Replace®. You need all your lights to be functional for safe driving, to see the road and be seen by other drivers. When driving in fog or inclement weather, fog lights are especially useful. Don't drive with...Factory original quality for lessDirect replacement$9.78 - $450.85
- Sherman® Factory Replacement Fog LightsFactory Replacement Fog Lights by Sherman®. Stay on track and drive safely in foggy weather and heavy rain/snow conditions with Sherman fog lights that will help you see the road better. Go to Sherman for replacement fog lights...Provides better vision in fog, rain, and snowMeets OEM requirements$12.24 - $268.96
- Valeo® Replacement Fog LightsFog Lights by Valeo®. When you need a headlight bulb or a stop light switch, you may be tempted to just run down to the local auto parts chain store. But before you waste your time and gas only to find high prices and poor...OE quality parts from top original equipment and aftermarket manufacturersFast shipping; 1-2 day delivery time regardless of where you’re located$50.18 - $109.99
- Maxzone® Replacement Fog LightsFactory Fog Lights by Maxzone®. You need all your lights to be functional for safe driving, to see the road and be seen by other drivers. When driving in fog or inclement weather, fog lights are especially useful. Don't drive with...Factory original quality for lessDirect replacement$7.24 - $340.77
- J.W. Speaker® LED Fog LightsLED Fog Lights by J.W. Speaker®. New generation of high-power LED fog lights are designed to improve your safety and style on the road, increasing your visibility both day and night. Built tough with UV-resistant hard-coated...Enhance safety while driving in bad weatherExtreme durability$190.32 - $360.00
- Lumen® Exterior Light Replacement BulbsExterior Light Replacement Bulbs by Lumen®. Increase the brilliance or customize the color of your vehicle's interior lighting. LEDs match the size and shape of your vehicle's original equipment and install easily without...$5.99 - $32.95
- Sylvania® Fog Light Replacement BulbsSilverStar Fog Light Replacement Bulbs by Sylvania®, 1 Pair. Upgrade your standard fog light bulbs with SilverStar series halogen bulbs and gain a 30 to 50% increase in brightness, a 25 to 40% increase in forward distance...$10.99 - $73.78
- Putco® Replacement Fog Light BulbsReplacement Fog Light Bulbs by Putco®. Increase your vehicle's light output and improve your nighttime visibility and safety. These bulbs are superior to both ordinary bulbs and OEM halogen bulbs. They're sold in pairs and...LED bulbs provide a brighter, cleaner light than comparable incandescent bulbsProduce a more attractive light compared to incandescent bulbs; no need to replace factory lighting fixture$29.99 - $90.99
- PIAA® Night-Tech Halogen Replacement BulbsNight-Tech Halogen Replacement Bulbs by PIAA®. These high output replacement bulbs from PIAA feature several advancements in lighting performance, durability and life span. A unique mix of gasses including a higher proportion of...3600K white color for better contrast at nightFor improving your lighting performance$24.65 - $58.65
- PIAA® Xtreme White Halogen Replacement BulbsXtreme White Halogen Replacement Bulbs by PIAA®. TThese top of the line halogen bulbs have a cool white light output that gives the driver better color recognition and contrast as compared to stock halogen lamps. The blue top coat...4000K bright white color for visibility and styleHeat resistant quartz glass for long life$33.15 - $84.15
- PIAA® Night-Tech Fog Light Replacement BulbsNight-Tech Fog Light Replacement Bulbs by PIAA®. These high output replacement bulbs from PIAA feature several advancements in lighting performance, durability and life span. A unique mix of gasses including a higher proportion of...3600K white color for better contrast at nightFor improving your lighting performance$24.65 - $58.65
- PIAA® Xtreme White Fog Light Replacement BulbsXtreme White Fog Light Replacement Bulbs by PIAA®. These top of the line halogen bulbs have a cool white light output that gives the driver better color recognition and contrast as compared to stock halogen lamps. The blue top coat...4000K bright white color for visibility and styleHeat resistant quartz glass for long life$33.15 - $84.15
- Vision X® D Series Fog Light Replacement BulbsD Series Fog Light Replacement Bulbs by Vision X®. Increase brightness by up to 50% with the Vision X bulbs. Vision X bulbs provide a superwhite, more natural light for increased visibility and safety. With three lines to chose...Bulbs emit a super white light that is rated at 4300KSuperwhite beam creates natural light color$27.81 - $37.88
- Vision X® H Series Fog Light Replacement BulbsH Series Fog Light Replacement Bulbs by Vision X®. Increase brightness by up to 50% with the Vision X bulbs. Vision X bulbs provide a superwhite, more natural light for increased visibility and safety. With three lines to chose...Bulbs emit a super white light that is rated at 4800KSuperwhite beam creates natural light color$24.60 - $26.61
Guides & Articles
- Fog LightsFactory Fog Lights | Perfect For Replacement Or UpgradeWhile the functional benefits of fog lights are beyond question, it also cannot be denied that fog lights go a long way toward adding style to the face of your vehicle. Because fog lights are traditionally designed to mount underneath or inside the front bumper cover, their lower position puts them at a higher risk of becoming damaged. Road debris, speed bumps, parking spot bumpers, and high snow often take a toll - damaging fog lights beyond repair.
- Off-Road LightsWhat Light Beam Patterns Are There For Auxiliary And Off-Road Lights?When you’re doing any kind of performance or off-road driving at night, the right lights can brighten your path, make the adventure more enjoyable, and literally save your life if the going gets rough. Because the staff at CARiD is comprised of many individuals that enjoy 4-wheeling activities not limited to daylight hours, we seek to offer fellow enthusiasts powerful, efficient lights that produce a variety of light patterns – each one being extremely well-suited to a specific task and mounting location. In this article, we’ll take a look at the different types of fog lights, spot lights, flood lights, and driving lights available in our Off-Road Lights section, and we’ll compare the light patterns they cast – each differing, thanks to variations in size and shape of their internal reflective mirrors and lenses.
- Fog LightsSelecting And Installing A Set Of Fog LightsFog lights are aptly named because they can save responsible drivers a ton of grief in low visibility conditions such as fog, snow, rain, or pitch black darkness. To be most effective, fog lights should be mounted in a location on the vehicle as low to the ground as possible. Once they're turned on, the light they produce travels further and covers the surface of the road more clearly - allowing pot holes to be detected sooner and so blown tires can be avoided.
- LED LightsAutomotive LED Lighting Explained.There is now LED lighting technology available for every conventional automotive lighting purpose. The incandescent bulbs haven’t really developed that much in the 140 years they have existed, while the development rate of LEDs is very rapid, with LED performance being doubled every 36 months, a development rate that is similar to the fast pace of computer development.
- Car BulbsHow Does a Halogen Light Bulb Work?Today, halogen bulbs are most often used for headlights and fog lights, and their increased light output increases driver visibility in darkness and inclement weather. Halogen bulbs are a variant of the traditional incandescent bulbs that have been used since the early days of the electric light. The bulb is either evacuated (has a vacuum) or filled with an inert gas to keep the filament from oxidizing.
- Sylvania® Fog Light Replacement Bulbs$49.36 - $73.78
- Putco® License Light Replacement Bulbs$10.99 - $31.99