Volkswagen Touareg Accessories & Parts
Ever since its stateside debut in 2004, the Volkswagen Touareg has been one of the most featured SUVs in its class. The Touareg began as a joint design between Volkswagen and Porsche, whom at the time was seeking to add a luxury SUV to its own roster. Audi, being a member of Volkswagen Group, also had a hand in the layout of the model. Both the Touareg and the Porsche Cayenne share the same Volkswagen Group PL71 platform and aside from several styling cues and mechanical details, are almost the same. The Touareg was developed by a team of 300 people in Weissach im Tal, Germany. Production takes place in Bratislava, Slovakia at the same plant where its stablemates the Cayenne and Audi Q7 are also assembled. Thanks to a sporty four-wheel drive presence and impressive sales figures, the VW Touareg scored a handful of prestigious awards in its first few years on the road. It was voted Car and Driver magazine's Best Luxury SUV (2003), Motor Trend's SUV of the Year (2004) and Four Wheeler magazine's Four Wheeler of the Year (2005).
Engine options for the VW Touareg include a 3.6L DOHC V6, 4.2L DOHC V8, and a 5.0L Turbocharged V10 Diesel. A Turbocharged Direct Injection (TDI) V10 was available in the US beginning in 2004 but was later dropped due to emissions constraints. However, it was brought back in 2006 for a short time before being scrapped again due to reinforced California Air Resource Board emissions rules. Volkswagen put a TDI V6 in its place that meets all CARB requirements for 2009. Either a 6-speed tiptronic automatic or 6-speed manual is available, although most variants of the Touareg come equipped with automatic as standard. The initial interior featured dual-zone climate control as well as an optional navigation system which featured "off-roading mode", displaying various steering angles and changes in elevation. In 2006, the Volkswagen Touareg saw the first redesign of its parts. There were several styling alterations such as the addition of a front-end grille. Other amenities like Front Scan (adaptive cruise control) and Side Scan (blind spot warning system) were met with strong reviews by drivers and critics alike.
The 2008 Volkswagen Touareg kept almost all of the previous edition's features and added some new ones to the mix. Redesigned seats for more comfort and a Dynaudio stereo were now part of the interior. Another newsworthy item was the inclusion of a rollover sensor, which detects when the vehicle could be entering a potentially dangerous rollover situation. But perhaps the most newsworthy addition to the Touareg was the first 8-cylinder direct injection gas engine from Volkswagen, the V8 FSI, capable of over 350 horsepower. The ABSplus braking system, Hill Roll Back and Hill Descent Assist were other safety features the company offered in order to separate itself more as luxurious midsize crossover. It was also during this model year that the VW Touareg took on the "Touareg 2" nameplate in the US and Canada. Sales of the model have been solid, even in the US where the crossover segment is extremely competitive. The Volkswagen Touareg has garnered itself a well-earned reputation for drivability, dependability, and handling while presenting a fashionable package to travel in.
This sleekly styled SUV is often the center of attention and something tells us you like it that way! The Volkswagen Touareg demonstrates a wide range of abilities. It has the performance, handling, and safety features that set it apart from most in its class. Plus, it boasts an alluring presence that is classy and stylish. But it all comes down to results and even since 2004, the Touareg has provided them. Ever since the dawn of the crossover age, VW has needed a model that could carry the torch for the brand and the Touareg has responded with an impressive amount of success.
Whatever you're looking for to personalize your ride, CARiD has the Volkswagen Touareg Accessories and Parts to do the job. Our selection includes a host of favorites for you to choose from, including grilles, wheels, dash kits, floor mats, chrome trim, grille guards, and more parts. Plus, all of our Volkswagen Touareg accessories and parts come to you courtesy of every major manufacturer in the industry at prices that are unbeatable. When you need Volkswagen Touareg accessories, this is the place to be!
- Coverking®Saddleblanket Custom Seat Coversfrom $189.99
- Covercraft®WeatherShield™ HD Custom Car Coverfrom $532.26
- Thule®Slipstream Kayak Rackfrom $349.95
- Yakima®FarOut Pro Roof Cargo Bagfrom $219.00
- Remin®Exterior Kitfrom $62.40
- Centric®Formula 100 Series OEM Brake Padsfrom $42.95
- DashMat®Original Dashboard Coverfrom $40.49
- KSport®SuperComp Front Brake Kitfrom $3,040.00
- Dorman®Wheel Nutfrom $117.06
Whatever you expect from your Volkswagen Touareg, a bold look, mind-boggling performance, greater ride comfort, or safer driving, CARiD goes the extra mile to meet all your needs. Our extensive range of premium accessories and parts covers all the bases, whether you want your vehicle to be more powerful, smarter, fun to drive, or just need to restore it to original condition. We know how to throw a classy appeal into your Volkswagen Touareg and keep it providing the best performance, so trust us and get the greatest bang for the buck!
- Volkswagen Touareg Dash Kits
- Volkswagen Touareg Billet Grilles
- Volkswagen Touareg Chrome Trim
- Volkswagen Touareg Spoilers
- Volkswagen Touareg Floor Mats
- Volkswagen Touareg Body Kits
- Volkswagen Touareg Wind Deflectors
- Volkswagen Touareg Cargo Liners
- Volkswagen Touareg Vertical Doors
- Volkswagen Touareg Seat Covers
- Volkswagen Touareg Car Covers
- Volkswagen Touareg Running Boards
- Volkswagen Touareg Custom Gauges
- Volkswagen Touareg Light Covers
- Volkswagen Touareg Side Mirrors
- Volkswagen Touareg License Plates
- Volkswagen Touareg Wiper Blades
- Volkswagen Touareg Bike Racks
- Volkswagen Touareg Roof Racks
- Volkswagen Touareg Trailer Hitches
- Volkswagen Touareg Sun Shades
- Volkswagen Touareg Dash Covers
- Volkswagen Touareg Fender Flares
- Volkswagen Touareg Side Vents
- Volkswagen Touareg Sunroof Visors
- Volkswagen Touareg Car Organizers
- Volkswagen Touareg Car Bras
- Volkswagen Touareg Racing Seats
| Posted by Robert | (Montclair, VA)
The fit was super - no issues. I would recommend an automatic link to replacement of the plastic cap that is unique to the Touareg and covers the windshield wiper blades. While I am using the current covers, and didn't break them.