Volkswagen Rabbit Accessories & Parts
Originally picked to be a replacement for the legendary Beetle, the Volkswagen Rabbit ended up shaping its very own legacy that resonates just as strong today. The Rabbit (known as the Golf in all other markets outside North America) is recognized as Volkswagen's most popular model, with over 25 million having been built since its inception. It is also one of the best-selling vehicles in the world. The first series of the Rabbit featured front-wheel drive and was built off of the A1 platform. The name "Golf" is a derivative of the German word for Gulf Stream, however, in the US the car was marketed as the Rabbit and in Mexico as the Caribe. It was designed by respected Italian automotive designer Giorgetto Giugiaro and featured an angled body-shape. The Golf also followed suit with other newer vehicles under the VW banner with a front-mounted water-cooled engine. It didn't take long for the car to make an impression, as the VW Golf was named Wheels magazine's Car of the Year for 1975.
The Volkswagen Rabbit (Golf) became the first European car to be manufactured in the US when production of the model moved to Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania in 1978. A convertible version of the model premiered in 1980, the Golf Cabriolet. The Golf GTI hit development soon after. A "hot hatch", the GTI was a sportier take on the Golf, while although a hatchback, had high-performance traits such as a 1.6L fuel-injected four-cylinder engine and sharper styling. The second generation of the Golf debuted in 1983 overseas but didn't hit North American soil until 1985. It was available in both front and four-wheel drive, and was equipped with various engine options including a 16 valve inline four-cylinder GTI. Gone was the Rabbit name from North American models (it would return in 2006), as the car was finally sold as the Golf in US and Canadian markets. 1991 saw the third generation of the Golf make its premier. VW's Turbocharged Direct Injection diesel engine was available, as was the vaunted 2.8L VR6 that went from 0-60 in 7.1 seconds. Highlights of the third series (Mk3) include the Golf being named the European Car of the Year for 1992 and arrival of the updated Cabriolet in 1993.
The fourth generation Golf IV premiered in 1997. VW decided to market the model as a more upscale luxury-based vehicle, which prompted upgrades to the interior and higher trim levels. More performance-based options began to become available as well. And thanks to Volkswagen's new marketing campaign along with the popular design and drivability of the vehicle, the Golf quickly became one of the highest selling sedans in Europe. 2005's Golf R32 demonstrated a lot of power, showcasing a 3.2L V6 FSi engine capable of 250 horsepower as well as all-wheel-drive and 18" alloy wheels. 2005 also rang in the Golf V GT, this time sporting a new Twin Charger configuration to go with the 1.4L engine. Volkswagen's desire to make the Golf a performance-oriented model was an undisputed success, even though the car is still recognized firstly as a reliably sporty sedan.
The Volkswagen Rabbit has made its case as one of the more prominent models under the banner. While most in its class get by on mediocre performance and cookie-cutter looks, the Volkswagen Rabbit steps up with a smoothly-styled body and the added "punch" to match. Drivers from all backgrounds have found reasons why they covet this ride. Some enjoy the dependability of the Rabbit parts. Others prefer the fashion potential. And even more are fond of the entire package. When it's time to find Volkswagen Rabbit Accessories and parts that complete the picture, this is the place to start.
Volkswagen Rabbit Accessories and Parts at CARiD.com are always in the spotlight! We handpick the finest manufacturers in the game to ensure that all of our Volkswagen Rabbit accessories and parts meet the strictest criteria. Nothing but the finest options in the world is at your fingertips, guaranteeing unbridled durability as well as a perfect OEM fit. Dash kits, spoilers, grilles, wheels, floor mats, and more accessories- when your Volkswagen Rabbit needs some TLC, CARiD is here for you.
- Coverking®Spacer Mesh Custom Seat Coversfrom $129.99
- Covercraft®Polycotton Custom Car Coverfrom $144.42
- Thule®SUP Taxi Paddleboard Carrierfrom $249.95
- Yakima®BasketCase Roof Cargo Basketfrom $119.00
- Remin®Basic Kitfrom $163.80
- DashMat®SuedeMat™ Custom Dashboard Coverfrom $45.99
- Dorman®Wheel Nutfrom $117.06
- Rhino-Rack®Luggage Bagsfrom $215.10
Whatever you expect from your Volkswagen Rabbit, a bold look, mind-boggling performance, greater ride comfort, or safer driving, CARiD goes the extra mile to meet all your needs. Our extensive range of premium accessories and parts covers all the bases, whether you want your vehicle to be more powerful, smarter, fun to drive, or just need to restore it to original condition. We know how to throw a classy appeal into your Volkswagen Rabbit and keep it providing the best performance, so trust us and get the greatest bang for the buck!
- Volkswagen Rabbit Dash Kits
- Volkswagen Rabbit Billet Grilles
- Volkswagen Rabbit Chrome Trim
- Volkswagen Rabbit Spoilers
- Volkswagen Rabbit Floor Mats
- Volkswagen Rabbit Body Kits
- Volkswagen Rabbit Wind Deflectors
- Volkswagen Rabbit Cargo Liners
- Volkswagen Rabbit Seat Covers
- Volkswagen Rabbit Car Covers
- Volkswagen Rabbit Steering Wheels
- Volkswagen Rabbit Custom Gauges
- Volkswagen Rabbit Light Covers
- Volkswagen Rabbit Side Mirrors
- Volkswagen Rabbit License Plates
- Volkswagen Rabbit Wiper Blades
- Volkswagen Rabbit Custom Hoods
- Volkswagen Rabbit Bike Racks
- Volkswagen Rabbit Roof Racks
- Volkswagen Rabbit Trailer Hitches
- Volkswagen Rabbit Sun Shades
- Volkswagen Rabbit Dash Covers
- Volkswagen Rabbit Fender Flares
- Volkswagen Rabbit Side Vents
- Volkswagen Rabbit Sunroof Visors
- Volkswagen Rabbit Car Organizers
- Volkswagen Rabbit Car Bras
- Volkswagen Rabbit Racing Seats
| Posted by Nicole M | (Tampa, FL)
Came in perfect condition. Best price I could find.