- (24)Complete SystemsVolkswagen Golf Gti
- (128)HeadersVolkswagen Golf Gti
- (172)Catalytic ConvertersVolkswagen Golf Gti
- (244)MufflersVolkswagen Golf Gti
- (1)Exhaust StacksVolkswagen Golf Gti
- (198)Exhaust TipsVolkswagen Golf Gti
- (361)Exhaust PipesVolkswagen Golf Gti
- (311)Clamps, Hangers, GasketsVolkswagen Golf Gti
- (520)Emission ControlVolkswagen Golf Gti
- (21)Performance ChipsVolkswagen Golf Gti
It’s a car for the go-getters and it is precisely designed to meet the needs of discerning car lovers who know exactly what they want in a car. It’s the Volkswagen Golf GTI and it comes with everything that makes a car stand out: power, styling and plenty of performance goodness. But can you sustain this impressive display of might over the years or does your Golf GTI already show signs of wear and age? If it does, don’t worry. You can easily restore it to its former glamour and even supersede its best performance during its best years. This you do by installing an aftermarket exhaust system in place of the stock exhaust system. Stock exhaust systems are inhibitive in design and block oxygen from reaching the engine cylinders where it can be converted into energy. Quite different in design and operating mechanism, custom Volkswagen Golf GTI Exhaust Systems open up the passageway for exhaust gases to leave the engine and thus create room for oxygen to make its way into the engine cylinders for power generation.
It’s a study in contrast really and the custom Golf GTI exhaust system wins hands down. Installing one ensures that your engine power output is increased by up to 10%, a percentage that can be easily doubled by pairing the exhaust system with a performance header and muffler. Overall, custom GTI exhaust systems also enhance fuel efficiency by improving the engine’s ability to burn fuel cleanly and economically. As the car’s fuel consumption goes down, so do your fuel expenses. At the same time, your fuel mileage increases so that you drive a longer distance on the same amount of fuel as before. Custom Golf GTI exhaust systems sound so much better than the stock exhaust. Smooth, deep and well-tuned, their reverberation is far more powerful than the stock exhaust note.
- Flowmaster® Pipe KitUniversal Scavenger X-Pipe Kit by Flowmaster®. The Patented D-Port design of the Scavenger X-Pipe Kit creates a low-pressure area where the exhaust pulse from one pipe helps pull the next exhaust pulse from the other pipe out of...$71.08 - $373.93
- MagnaFlow® Touring Series Exhaust SystemTouring Series Exhaust System by MagnaFlow®. The Touring Series exhaust systems are tuned for everyday driving, with a deep and mellow exhaust note of true performance character but at a decibel level and tone that does not get...Moderate SoundDelivers More Horsepower$511.43 - $2,793.70
- MagnaFlow® Exhaust SystemsExhaust Systems by MagnaFlow®. Muffler Sound: MODERATE. 4" Tubing. These premium line exhaust systems for diesels with particulate filters include mandrel-bent stainless steel tubing, 100% stainless steel mufflers, optional muffler...Built In Stainless Steel For DurabilityTuned, Powerful Exhaust Sound$202.60 - $3,904.65
- Borla® S-Type™ Stainless Steel Exhaust SystemS-Type™ Stainless Steel Exhaust System by Borla®. When you want the best performing, best sounding, and highest quality exhaust system, you want Borla exhaust. Borla straight-through mufflers and mandrel-bent exhaust tubes are...$349.99 - $3,535.99
- Borla® Stainless Steel Exhaust SystemStainless Steel Exhaust System by Borla®. When you want the best performing, best sounding, and highest quality exhaust system, you want Borla. Borla straight-through mufflers and mandrel-bent exhaust tubes are custom tuned to...Throatier Exhaust NoteHorsepower and Torque Increased by 7 – 10%$315.99 - $3,535.99
- HKS® Legamax Series 304 SS Exhaust SystemLegamax Premium Series 304 SS Exhaust System by HKS®. Professionally developed with a racer in mind, this HKS exhaust system provides an easy opportunity to upgrade both the horsepower and sound of your precious vehicle. Made from...Upgrades both the horsepower and sound of your vehicleMade from premium quality materials$453.47 - $2,712.64
- aFe® Mach Force XP Exhaust SystemMach Force XP Exhaust System by aFe®. Get increased exhaust flow, more horsepower and torque, improved performance and lower exhaust gas temperatures with the aFe Mach Force XP Exhaust System. aFe dyno tests every system for...$345.00 - $4,495.00
- Agency Power® Cat-Back Exhaust SystemThe Cat-Back is designed for customers seeking increased performance and better economy, combined with a powerful and well tuned exhaust note, making a real statement within legal limits with a pleasing, deep and manly tone.$600.00 - $3,250.00
- DC Sports® 304 SS Exhaust SystemPolished 304 SS Exhaust System by DC Sports®. Exhaust Type: Cat-Back. (Dual Canister). DC Sports race-inspired Dual Canister systems are available for V6 and select four-cylinder application. Dual Canister systems feature twin...$273.06 - $710.53
- Ansa® Silverline™ 304 SS Cat-Back Exhaust SystemSilverline™ 304 SS Cat-Back Exhaust System by Ansa®. Offering a bold look and sound, Silverline™ Cat-Back Systems are available for select import and domestic sport compacts.Provides maximum torque and powerMade of aircraft quality T304 stainless steel$265.56 - $431.52
- Invidia® Q300 Stainless Steel Exhaust SystemQ300 Stainless Steel Cat-Back Exhaust System by Invidia®. Piping Diameter: 2.99" (76 mm). Tip Outlet Diameter: 4.33" (110 mm). Material: Stainless Steel. The flat bottom shaped muffler design results in improved high speed...SUS304 polished stainless steel pipingMandrel bent to shape$482.30 - $1,026.90
- AWE Tuning® Track Edition 304 SS Exhaust SystemTrack Edition 304 SS Exhaust System by AWE Tuning®. Main Piping Diameter: 2.5". Sophisticated sound and impressive performance. Featuring a straight-through design, the Track Edition Exhaust revamps the attitude entirely, providing...Max gains of 7 Hp and 7 Ft/lbs of torque to the crankEngineered, designed, and manufactured in-house at AWE Tuning$547.40 - $3,583.40
- AWE Tuning® Touring Edition 304 SS Exhaust SystemTouring Edition 304 SS Exhaust System with Polished Silver Tips by AWE Tuning®. A grin-worthy soundtrack coupled with signature AWE Tuning performance and quality honed over decades of supercar engineering. Let’s get ready to...Max gains of 10 Hp and 19 ft-lbs of torque to the crankSophisticated Touring Edition$547.40 - $4,319.40
- AWE Tuning® 304 SS Cat-Back Exhaust System304 SS Cat-Back Exhaust System by AWE Tuning®. AWE Tuning exhausts have earned praise from owners and the press alike, due to their unique "Jekyll and Hyde" personality. We spend considerable time and effort during development to...$547.40 - $593.40
- AWE Tuning® 304 SS R32 Style Cat-Back Exhaust SystemR32 Style 304 SS Cat-Back Exhaust System by AWE Tuning®. AWE Tuning exhausts have earned praise from owners and the press alike, due to their unique "Jekyll and Hyde" personality. It had been spent considerable time and effort...$869.40 - $915.40
Guides & Articles
- Performance Exhaust SystemsHere's A "Tip": Exhaust Tips Are An Easy Way To Dress Up Your TailpipePerformance exhaust systems give you improvements in power output, sound levels, and appearance, all in one package. But let's face it: not everyone has the spare change to buy and bolt up one of these kits. So you soldier on with what you have. And that may be a tired-looking exhaust system that is still functional. You've spent all day washing and waxing the vehicle's paint and chrome to perfection, but no degree of elbow grease will make that tailpipe look better.
- Performance Exhaust SystemsAre Headers Worth The Performance Improvement?Engines have often been compared to air pumps, because the engine that’s most efficient in terms of economy and power is the one that can get air in and out of its cylinders the easiest. That’s why most performance modifications like conical air filters, cold air intake systems, headers, and cat-back exhaust systems are aimed at making the intake and exhaust systems less restrictive. These parts increase the flow of air into the engine and ease the flow of exhaust gas out of the engine. Among these components, headers may be the most difficult to install. In this article, we’ll discuss what headers do, their different types, and how much performance they can add to your car.
- Performance Exhaust SystemsAre X-pipes and H-pipes Better Than Straight Pipes on Dual Exhaust Systems?You may be wondering why so many aftermarket performance exhaust system manufacturers are offering dual exhaust systems connected by "H-pipe" or "X-pipe" sections. After all, aren't two separate pipes, or so-called "true duals", the best for performance? The answer is no, but to understand why we have to examine how a typical internal combustion engine works.
- Performance Exhaust SystemsPower, Sound, Looks | Can I Have It All With a Cat-Back Exhaust System?It's an age-old question that many have asked. Will an aftermarket exhaust be worth the expense? While they definitely can be, an important question to ask yourself is do you care more about the deeper sound they’re designed to produce, or the added performance gained from being less restrictive? As car enthusiasts, we’ve become accustomed to associating the sound of a car with its exhaust. After all, doesn’t everyone have a childhood memory or two of a car and the particular sound it made?
- Bed AccessoriesPickup Truck Cab And Bed Sizes Are Important When Selecting AccessoriesAmericans love to have choices. Buying a dress shirt? Decide solid or stripe, short or long sleeve, cotton or poly blend, button or spread collar, regular fit, slim fit, or big & tall. How about a meal at your favorite steak house? Will it be porterhouse, T-bone, or sirloin? Cooked rare, medium-rare, or medium? With baked, mashed, or French fried potatoes? Thirsty for a fancy cup of coffee? Let's not even get started on options that let you end up with a "grande caramel macchiato with 1% low-fat milk, 2 Splendas, and an extra espresso shot".
- Replacement Exhaust PartsDirect Fit vs. Universal MufflersRegardless of whether you're shopping for a simple replacement muffler that delivers original equipment (OE) sound and performance or an upgraded muffler which provides a deeper growl with increased power through freer exhaust flow, you'll see choices between "direct fit" mufflers and "universal" mufflers. In this article, we'll help you understand the differences between these two styles so you can make a more informed purchase.
- KSport® ProComp Cross Drilled Brake Kit$1,567.50 - $3,490.00
Volkswagen Golf Gti Performance Exhaust Systems Reviews
2012 Volkswagen Golf Gti