High Temperature Engine Enamel by VHT®. VHT 550°F (288°C) Engine Enamels™ are available in a wide range of colors, including exact match factory colors. All colors have excellent durability and superior heat and chemical resistance. They are specially formulated to withstand corrosion, rust, salt spray, chemicals and additives of today’s gasoline blends and degreasers. VHT 550°F (288°C) Engine Enamels™ are a unique blend of urethane and ceramic resins, which produce a tough and long-lasting finish for engines, engine accessories or wherever a tough durable heat or chemical resistant finish is needed.
- Temperature: 550°F (288°C)
- Applications: Headers, Engine Blocks, Starters, Brackets, Water Pumps, Valve Covers, Transmissions, Differential Covers
- Finish: Flat, Satin, Gloss and Metallic
- Dries to the touch in 30 mins. Dries thoroughly overnight
- Curing Engine Enamel
- Bake at 200°F (93°C) for 20 minutes
- The inherent heat of engine operation will also accomplish curing
VHT® is a division of Duplicolor, Inc., a Sherwin-Williams Company. The company is most well-known for its line of high temperature paints, and VHT stands for Very High Temperature. VHT Flameproof™ can withstand temperatures up to 2000ºF and was originally developed for the space program for use on space bound and re-entry vehicles. Flameproof is ideal for headers and exhaust systems, but VHT also offers other high heat products that are temperature resistant up to 900ºF, for engine parts to calipers. While VHT has everything you need for high heat applications, they also have coatings for vinyl, fiberglass and plastic.