Engine Metallic™ High Temperature Coating by VHT®. Under hood engine dress-up never looked this good, or stood up to high-heat temperatures like VHT Engine Metallic™ Paint. Formulated for high temperature and high performance applications, VHT Engine Metallic Paint™ creates a cool sparkling metallic finish and withstands intermittent temperatures of up to 650°F (343°C). A unique formulation of urethane and ceramic resins produces a tough and long lasting finish for engines, engine accessories, or any other surface that requires a durable, heat and chemical resistant finish.
- Temperature: 650°F (343°C)
- Applications: Headers, Engine Blocks, Starters, Brackets, Water Pumps, Valve Covers, Transmissions, Differential Covers
- Finish: Flat Metallic
- Dries to the touch in 30 mins. Dries thoroughly overnight
- Bake at 200°F (93°C) for 20 minutes
- The inherent heat of engine operation will also accomplish curing
VHT® is a division of Duplicolor, Inc., a Sherwin-Williams Company. The company is most well-known for its line of high temperature paints, and VHT stands for Very High Temperature. VHT Flameproof™ can withstand temperatures up to 2000ºF and was originally developed for the space program for use on space bound and re-entry vehicles. Flameproof is ideal for headers and exhaust systems, but VHT also offers other high heat products that are temperature resistant up to 900ºF, for engine parts to calipers. While VHT has everything you need for high heat applications, they also have coatings for vinyl, fiberglass and plastic.