Rack and Roll Trailer by Yakimaź. Imagine if your roof rack crossbars were only about 2 ft. off the ground, how easy they would be to load, and then imagine if they could carry 250 lbs. or more, how much gear you could take with you. The patented Rack and Roll Trailer is your imagination turned into reality. This lightweight aluminum trailer comes with your choice of 66" or 78" Yakima round crossbars that can be adjusted up to 48" apart. It works with Class I, II, & III receiver hitches and mounts to a 2" ball. It can carry up to 250 lbs. of cargo with 66" bars or 300 lbs. with 78" bars, so it's ideal if you've got a lot of gear to take and works especially well for multiple bikes or kayaks. The Rack and Roll comes with shock absorbers providing 4" of independent wheel travel, long lasting LED trailer lights, and it stores easily in the upright position with removable wheels and tongue.
- Enables you to carry a lot of cargo on crossbars via your vehicles receiver hitch
- A roof rack system on wheels
- Comes with your choice of 66" or 78" Yakima round crossbars and crossmembers
- Crossbar spread can be adjusted up to 48"
- Carrying capacity: 250 lbs. with 66" crossbars and crossmembers and 300 lbs. with 78" crossbars and crossmembers
- Capacity can be increased to 350 lbs. on 78" trailers with optional heavy-duty shocks (sold separately)
- Works with Class I, II, & III receiver hitches
- Attaches to 2" ball
- Connects to standard flat-4 electrical connector
- Lightweight anodized 6063 aluminum construction
- Custom cast and polished aluminum wheels
- Trailer weight: 66" model weighs 150 lbs. empty and 78" model weighs 160 lbs. empty
- Long lasting LED trailer lights
- Shock absorbers provide 4" of independent wheel travel
- Stores easily in upright position with removable wheels and tongue
- Includes carrying handle to turn lightweight trailer into handcart
- Optional kickstand (sold separately) attaches to trailer tongue and keeps trailer level when unhitched
- Optional tongue extension kit (sold separately) adds 3 ft. to tongue to allow one 22 ft. boat or two 21 ft. boats to be carried
- Optional 40" safety pole (sold separately) can be attached to trailer to increase visibility, especially when backing up
- Optional 5-spoke spare wheel (sold separately) includes chrome hubcap and mounting hardware
- Optional 78" Crossmember kit (sold separately) converts 66" trailer to a 78" trailer; includes two 78" Yakima crossbars and two 78" crossmembers
- Comes with detailed assembly and user instructions
- Limited lifetime warranty
The Rack and Roll Trailer is like a roof rack system on wheels, only on steroids because you can haul much more gear and longer cargo than you could ever carry on a roof. The Rack and Roll is a lightweight aluminum trailer that supports 2 Yakima crossbars. It comes with 66" crossbars and crossmembers, or 78" crossbars and crossmembers. The crossbar spread can be adjusted on the trailer up to 48". The 66" trailer weighs in at 150 lbs. and can carry up to 250 lbs. of cargo. The 78" trailer weighs 160 lbs. and has a 300 lb. load capacity. The 66" trailer can carry up to 5 kayaks on their sides, up to 5 bikes, or various combinations of cargo boxes, kayaks, bikes, and canoes. The 78" trailer can carry up to 6 kayaks on their sides, up to 7 bikes, or various combinations of cargo boxes, kayaks, bikes, and canoes.
Class I, II, & III trailer hitches will all work with the Rack and Roll and the coupler comes ready to mount to a 2" ball. The electrical connector connects to a standard flat-4 connector from the vehicle. The Rack and Roll is constructed from lightweight 6063 aluminum thats been anodized for durability. The wheel and tongue pins are stainless steel, most fasteners are yellow zinc plated steel, and the tongue coupler is zinc plated steel. The trailer is equipped with LED lights that are vibration resistant and will last years without requiring replacement. Shock absorbers provide 4" of independent wheel travel, providing trailer stability and protection for your gear. The custom 5-spoke 16" aluminum wheels are highly polished, and the included carrying handle instantly transforms your trailer into a handcart. When not in use, the trailer can be easily stored in the upright position with the wheels and tongue removed.
A long list of optional accessories is available for the Rack and Roll. Foremost is a set of heavy-duty shock absorbers that will increase the capacity of the 78" trailer to 350 lbs., however these should not be used on the 66" trailer. The optional tongue extension kit adds 3 ft. to the tongue of the trailer, enabling it to carry up to a single 22 ft. boat or two 21 ft. boats, depending on the vehicle hitch and boat positions. An optional kickstand can be attached to the tongue to keep the trailer level when disconnected from the vehicle, and an optional 40" tall bright yellow fiberglass safety pole can be attached to the trailer to make it more visible, and is especially useful for backing up. To be prepared for the inevitable road hazards, a 5-spoke spare wheel is available, which includes a chrome hubcap and mounting hardware. Finally, a 78" crossmember kit is available to upgrade a 66" trailer, and includes two 78" crossmembers and two 78" Yakima crossbars. 78" crossbars without the attendant crossmembers should never be mounted on the 66" trailer for safety reasons. The Rack and Roll Trailer comes with comprehensive, illustrated assembly and user instructions and its backed by a limited lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.1,934.10 2,069.10
Brand: Yakima Part Numbers:
Yakimaź Products, of Beaverton, Oregon is one of the world's largest manufacturers of cargo and recreational equipment carrying solutions. Founded 40 years ago in its namesake city, Yakima's guiding principle is that gear should be carried on the outside of the vehicle to make room for more friends inside. To achieve that goal the company makes roof rack systems for any style roof, and an array of roof rack, receiver hitch, trunk lid and hatch, and trailer mounted carriers. Yakima's designers and engineers are outdoor enthusiasts, campers, and travelers just like you, and they listen and learn what other enthusiasts need and want while participating in those activities. The combination of their own personal experience with that of other enthusiasts enables them to create the finest carriers and accessories for bicycles, watercraft, skis & snowboards, and cargo & camping. Yakima products are manufactured using the highest quality materials and the best engineering practices, and Yakima is so confident that you'll be completely satisfied with your purchase that they're backed by a "Love It Till You Leave It" lifetime warranty.Yakimaź - Rack and Roll Trailer Reviews (2)
Every Customer can leave a review about our service and the product that was purchased. In order to leave your review for your new product, please follow the link in the email you receive after completing your purchase. You can rate appearance, ease of installation, price/value and product quality.Customers' rating: 5 OF 5APPEARANCEEASE OF INSTALLATIONPRICE/VALUEQUALITY(5)APPEARANCEEASE OF INSTALLATIONPRICE/VALUEQUALITYI am satisfied| Posted by Dan R. | 2009 GMC Acadia (Sparks, NV)
This product works as advertised and is easy to mount and remove. I have another mount from a different brand that requires tools - it makes for a painful installation every trip. The Yakima does not. Worth the extra money for more convenience and less headache.Was this review helpful for you? YesNo(5)APPEARANCEEASE OF INSTALLATIONPRICE/VALUEQUALITYI like it!!| Posted by Patricia A. | 1998 Audi A4 (Houston, TX)
I have this mounted on my Audi A4 with OEM factory bars and the fit is perfect. I had a problem with other racks that were made for either round or square bars. My OEM bars are large and oval-shaped, and this rack had no problems fitting on. The clamps are very sturdy.Was this review helpful for you? YesNo
Yakimaź - Rack and Roll Trailer Reviews (2)All Yakima Bike Racks reviews >>