It is very important to ensure that you have purchased the most fitting hitch that will guarantee that you tow your trailer and reach to your destination safely. Although it is easy to choose from a wide variety of the Toyota Sequoia trailer hitches that are available at CARiD, you should also be attentive to how the different hitches perform. The hitches are divided into several categories. There are gooseneck and 5th wheel hitches. These two hitches are more suitable for heavy trailers and cargo carriers. Then there are weight carrying hitches and finally weight distributing hitches. As long as you do not exceed the weight limit that has been set by the car manufacturer, you can use any type of hitch on your Sequoia. You should however keep in mind that only a weight distributing hitch will transfer the weight evenly to all the wheels of the car because it has spring bars. This is not the case with a weight bearing hitch, which takes the mass of the trailer tongue and places it at the suspension, making the front tires of the car lighter.
The reason as to why gooseneck and 5th wheel hitches are the most preferred hitches for heavy trailers is because they take all the weight of the trailer and place it on the axle, which helps keep both the vehicle and trailer steady. Understanding how each hitch works before making any final purchase decision will go a long way in helping you pick the right trailer hitch for your needs. Toyota Sequoia Trailer Hitches from CARiD all come with a limited lifetime warranty that assures you of the manufacturer’s support should the hitch malfunction or break down under regular use.
Here at CARiD we have a loyal set of customers, and they are very involved with their cars. That means using them in many ways, or racing them or towing them to car shows on trailers. They know towing, is what we’re saying. And 1 of them left a number of reviews with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars. We know you’ll feel the same way after towing your toys around, whether it’s a race car, a trailer full of quads or motorcycles or personal watercraft or full-on camper. CARiD has the parts you need to support your hobby!
- Hopkins® - Brake Control ConnectorStarting at: $13.50$13.50
- Tow Ready® - Brake Control Wiring AdapterStarting at: $12.38$12.38
- Tekonsha® - 2-Plug Brake Control Wiring AdapterStarting at: $11.59$11.59
- CURT® - Brake Control HarnessStarting at: $6.83$6.83
- Hidden Hitch® - Class 3 Trailer Hitch with Receiver OpeningStarting at: $122.58$122.58
- Draw-Tite® - Class 3 Max-Frame Trailer Hitch with Receiver OpeningStarting at: $122.58$122.58
- Autogold® - Chrome Hitch Cover with Toyota LogoStarting at: $33.40$33.40
- Hopkins® - Brake-Force™ Brake ControlStarting at: $60.67$60.67
- CURT® - Front Trailer Hitch with Receiver OpeningStarting at: $155.43$155.43
- Tow Ready® - 4-Flat Replacement OEM Tow Package Wiring HarnessStarting at: $11.78$11.78
"Nice design and easy to set up."