Toyota 4Runner Air Intakes
Whether you have the older 4Runner or the more modern one it’s the kind of vehicle that deserves to be looked after because it can get you to almost any destination you can think of and it can get you there in comfort. That means that you need it to be running at its best and the easiest way to do this is to install the right performance upgrades so you’ve come to the right place because we have a range of them. Our Toyota 4Runner air intakes are a great place to start and they cost less than you would expect!
Your engine uses air and fuel to work and an aftermarket intake will improve your engine’s performance by giving it more air or colder air. There are different types of aftermarket intakes with different improvements like the short ram intake which allows a higher flow of air to reach your engine by removing restrictions or the cold air intake which will give your engine cooler air that can be burnt with less effort. Because we have them all it’s easy to find the right one to get the performance improvement that best suits your driving style!
| Posted by Heather | (Phenix City, AL)
Take out old intake put in new. You loose a lot of weight when you replace with this Airaid intake system. Hardest part was getting the thick rubber over the throttle body itself, other than that installed in about an Hour and a half or so. Butt Dyno says that it works, more air in to the motor and can feel a get up and go easier. I have the Trail edition with 33" tires and Revteck 3" lift (came from dealer like this). and noticed that from a dead stop to road speed was easier and not as sluggish as it was when i first got it. Also you can hear the exhaust when you put the skinny peddle to the ground, yes i know its only a V6 4.0, with a stock exhaust system but it does make it growl a little. I would recommend this. As far as better MPG, have not had in for even a full tank to say if it helps or not yet.
- Popular 4Runner Part Numbers
- AEM® 21-8402DC - Brute Force Air Intake System (Gunmetal Gray)
- K&N® 63-9034 - 63 Series Aircharger Intake Kit (4.0L F/I)
- K&N® 57-9013 - 57 Series Generation II Air Intake Kit (3.4L V6)
- K&N® 57-9015-1 - 57 Series Generation II Air Intake Kit (3.4L F/I)
- VOLANT® 5100 - Filter Recharger Kit Blue
- VOLANT® 18947 - CAI Kit with Pro 5 Filter (4.7L)
- aFe® 54-81932 - Stage 2 Si Sealed Cold Air Intake System with Pro 5R Air Filter
- NPN® - W0133-1627108 Air Filter
- Spectre Performance® 9960B - Air Intake Kit with Blue HPR™ Filter
- Spectre Performance® 9960K - Air Intake Kit with Black HPR™ Filter
- Toyota 4Runner Models
- 4Runner Base Performance Air Intake Systems
- 4Runner DLX Performance Air Intake Systems
- 4Runner Limited Performance Air Intake Systems
- 4Runner SR5 Performance Air Intake Systems
- 4Runner Sport Performance Air Intake Systems
- 4Runner Trail Performance Air Intake Systems