- Exterior dimensions: 90"L x 34.5"W x 16"H
- Interior dimensions: 81"L x 32.5"W x 14.5"H
- Box weight: 51 lbs.
- Carries up to 17 cu. ft. or up to 110 lbs. of cargo
- Ideal for outdoor equipment, large luggage, and baby gear
- Fits 6-8 pairs of skis with a maximum length of 201cm, 4-6 snowboards, or gear for up to 4 passengers
- Patented AeroNose design cuts through the air and reduces drag and noise
- Patented rear-angled base and expanded vehicle mounting points help maximize trunk and hatch clearance
- AcuTight mounting system "clicks" when box is securely attached to roof rack, for fast, easy, tool-free installation
- Mounts to Thule rack systems, round bars and most factory racks
- Lid opens from either side so box can be loaded from either side of the vehicle
- Includes 2 cargo straps
- Oversized SecureLock™ is easier to grasp and turn, even while wearing gloves, and ensures that all gear is locked and box is properly closed prior to driving
- 2 One-Key locks are included to secure the box contents and lock the box to the carrier
- Comes complete with everything required for installation, including instructions
- Backed by a limited lifetime warranty
- Proudly made in USA
The Sonic XL is a premium large capacity cargo box, with the capability to carry up to 17 cu. ft. or up to 110 lbs. of cargo (make sure you don't exceed the weight limit of your roof rack). The Sonic XL can haul 6-8 pairs of skis with a maximum length of 201cm, 4-6 snowboards or gear for up to 4 passengers. The Sonic XL is the perfect carrier for cycling gear, skis, paddles, and other types of outdoor equipment, large luggage, or baby gear. Along with its big cargo capacity, the Sonic XL is also big on looks, and you'll love what it adds to the appearance of your vehicle. It features the patented AeroNose design, with a shape that cuts through the air and reduces wind drag by up to 35%, for greater fuel efficiency and quieter travel. And the Sonic's patented rear angled base and expanded vehicle mounting points help ensure the cargo box won't interfere with trunk or hatch opening.
The Sonic XL is super easy to install and can be mounted to Thule racks systems, round bars and most factory racks. The tool-free AcuTight mounting system lets you secure the box to the rack load bars in about 5 minutes. Each AcuTight knob will make an audible "click" when the box is securely attached to the roof rack. Along with being easy to install, the Sonic XL is also simple to load. The dual-side opening lid lets you load the box from either side of the vehicle. The 2 included straps can be used to tie your gear down in the box and prevent it from sliding around. Once all your gear is loaded, the 2 included One-Key lock cylinders can be used to lock the lid and lock the box to the carrier. The SecureLock feature ensures that all gear is locked and the box is properly closed prior to driving, because the key can only be removed when the box lid is closed and locked. And the ergonomic lock knob is so easy to grasp and turn; it can even be done with gloves on.
The Sonic XL comes with everything required for installation, including detailed instructions. The limited lifetime warranty applies to the original purchaser of the product, and warrants the product against manufacturer's defects in materials or workmanship.629.95Brand: Thule Part Number: 635S UPC: 091021373426
Thule® designs and manufactures products for outdoor enthusiasts, athletes, and those that lead an active lifestyle. They specialize in developing and marketing cargo transportation solutions so these people can bring their gear with them wherever they go, whatever they drive. Thule was founded in Sweden in 1942, and built their first roof rack system in the 1960s. Today Thule leads the market with innovative products for transporting, bicycles, watercraft, snowsport equipment and other gear on the roof, with the trailer hitch, on the trunk or hatch, or in the pickup bed. Thule manufactures the strongest, most durable and longest lasting load carrying systems on the market, and backs their products with a lifetime warranty. Over 80% of Thule products sold in North America are made in USA, and Thule employs over 1,000 American workers.
Product Reviews (0)
Product Reviews (0)
You will never pay more with CARiD! Not only will we match prices from any competitor's website or other reputable source, we will continue to honor that promise for up to one year after your purchase.
We'll match the price at time of purchase, or refund you the difference if done after the purchase. Either way, we are totally committed to providing you the best online shopping experience.
We're car and truck enthusiasts, just like you! And it's enthusiasts we hire in our Sales and Service Centers. Many of our staff are ASE certified and have spent years in the retail auto business.
We conduct our own in-house training, and we even bring vendors to us for hands-on product training demonstrations. You're getting true expertise when you phone or email us!
With hundreds of vendors, and tens of thousands of components for sale, we put tremendous effort into coordinating our data with our vendors' data in order to guarantee that you get the correct part.
Our huge database is regularly cross-checked to keep it current and optimized. At times, our thoroughness makes our data even more accurate than our suppliers! This rigorous process means that you can always order with confidence.